6: Her Past pt. 1

Continued from chapter 5: Failed Confession

(Jeongyeon refuses Jimin's love confession)

Swallowing his tears of disappointment, Jimin raced to Nayeon's family's house. A panicking Nayeon opened the door when he pounded harshly on the front door. Without a question, Nayeon grabbed her coat and left her house, but not before hearing her younger sister, Seo-yeon, scream, "Nayeon unnie has a boyfriend!", and earning a death glare from Nayeon.

Nayeon and Jimin went to a nearby past, where they sat inside a pavilion silently being engulfed by nature. 

"Nayeon noona, Jeongyeon refused me," Jimin blurted out, and let out a sign of anguish, "I took her out for lunch just now and confessed that I liked her. She said she liked me too because we're just friends." Nayeon slowly let his words sink in, and looked at Jimin in the eye, "Jimin-ah, why do you love Jeongyeon so much?" The question caught Jimin off guard,

"I, er, love Jeongyeon because she makes me feel real. No offense to you, Nayeon, but since the first day we met I could feel something stirring within me. Being with her makes me feel at ease, and that's how I know that we are meant to be together."

"Funny that she said the same thing when she fell for him," Nayeon muttered, deep in thought, "But it didn't turn out well: They weren't meant to be a pair." "Who?" Jimin demanded, "Is it about the Taehyung guy again?" Nayeon nodded solemnly, "You have the right to know about their past. You must know if you're aspiring to be Jeongyeon's love." "Please," Jimin whispered. "Here goes:

Taehyung wasn't just Jeongyeon's best friend in Suwon. He was her first love." Jimin froze. "Jeongyeon persuaded me that Taehyung was her destiny, and I believed her. She loved him too much that she didn't set up a limit for their love, and sacrificed a lot just to be with him. 

Then, a year and a half ago, Taehyung asked her for an impossible request, and Jeongyeon denied it with a heavy heart. She then realized that she had let him cross the line too much, and they broke up because Jeongyeon saw that she did more than he deserved just to fulfill his requests. Jeongyeon's heart broke.

Jeongyeon has tried to move on, but it's not that easy to forget your first love, especially if he's in the public eye right now. I can tell that she still loves and misses him. Jimin, I'm telling all this right now, because I'm her best friend, and she needs someone in her life that can fix her broken heart. Jeongyeon deserves someone like you, whom she can rely on and be her life partner. That's why I'll do anything to make her happy, and I'm supporting you to win her heart."

---------------------------------------------------------

Jimin understood everything. 

He understood why Jeongyeon was so determined to set up a barrier between them: She was just afraid that Jimin would take advantage of their relationship and hurt her back.

"What's the request Taehyung asked for?" Jimin whispered, "the one that opened her eyes?" Nayeon sighed heavily, "That, I can't answer you. You must ask Jeongyeon yourself and it's her decision of whether she wants to tell you." 

"If you want her heart," Nayeon continued, "You must show her that you aren't V, and you won't misuse her trust. I can tell that she still wants love," she elaborated, "but she's just too afraid to experience love again."