1: Jimin

Setting: school

'Ring!' The shrill school bell rang and everyone raced into their classrooms.

Everyone except her, Yoo Jeongyeon.

Jeongyeon tried to ignore the loud thumpings of her heart as the raised her white knuckles to knock onto her classroom's door. This is is, Jeongyeon told herself, this is your new life. Forget about the past, and don't let down your guard. She turned the doorknob.

Jeongyeon felt thirty pairs of eyes on her, and she went crimson. She saw her homeroom teacher, Mr. Kim gesturing for her to introduce herself, and smiled a nervous one as she said, "My name is Yoo Jeongyeon, and I'm a transfer student from Suwon. Please take care of me!" and bowed. 

She breathed a sigh of relief and her heart felt much lighter. Mr. Kim scanned the room for an empty seat, and told Jeongyeon to sit at the back, next to a boy called Park Jimin.

As Jeongyeon walked to her seat, she heard her classmates whisper things like 'Park Jimin', 'jealous' and 'cute'. Cute?! Weren't boys supposed to be handsome, and not cute? Jeongyeon glanced at her deskmate for the first time, and saw Jimin look at her with puppy eyes, chubby cheeks and a bright smile. They were right. He is cute, Jeongyeon thought to herself. 

As Jeongyeon sat down, Jimin suddenly leaned over to her and whispered into her ear, "You're pretty." Jeongyeon tried not to let her cheeks colour too much at his words. Calm down, Jeongyeon instructed herself, don't think too much if you don't want your heart to be broken again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this is the first chapter of my first book

Tell me what you think of it in the comments!