5: Failed Confession

For the entire weekend Jimin was busy pondering about Jeongyeon's mysterious past, and also about how he could win her heart. Finally, he decided to ask her out for lunch via her Instagram @yoojyeon.

 @ parkjimin

wanna go out for lunch with me??

As he was scrolling through her profile, Jimin came across a post from last year, with the caption! 'A broken dream', and a photo of a darkened building. Jimin squinted and saw a blurry logo of BigHit Entertainment at the side of the building.

 Jimin squinted and saw a blurry logo of BigHit Entertainment at the side of the building

@ yoojyeon a broken dream

A hundred thoughts buzzed across Jimin's mind. Did Jeongyeon dream  of being a BgHit trainee with Taehyung but ended up not getting accepted? Did Jeongyeon get kicked out of the company?

His phone buzzed, indicating Jeongyeon's reply, and snapping Jimin out of his train of thought. 

@ parkjimin

wanna go out for lunch with me??

@ yoojyeon

sure

Jimin smiled, and promised himself that he would tell her that he liked her., after one month of knowing her.

----------------------------------------

An hour later, Jimin, looking hot and dressed in a boyfriend style, stood in front of a shopping mall, where they would be having lunch. Jeongyeon soon appeared in skinny jeans and a T-shirt, with her luxurious long hair hanging down her back.

Jimin looked awestruck, until Jeongyeon cleared her throat, "Should we go inside?"

They walked around the shops, not holding hands, for a while, until Jeongyeon said, probably to herself, "I can't imagine that Nayeon would disagree to come hang out." 

"Actually, I didn't invite Nayeon," Jimin answered guiltily. Jeongyeon pursed her lips and said nothing.

----------------------------------------------

Fifteen minutes later, they were seated at a fast food restaurant with burgers, for which Jimin had insisted to pay. 

"So, why did you invite me for lunch today without Nayeon?" Jeongyeon cut the awkward silence. "Nothing, I just wanted to see you," Jimin stiffened an innocent smile. Pabo-yah, why don't you say it, Jimin scolded himself in his head, just tell her that you like her.

"Jeongyeon, can I tell you something?" Jeongyeon turned her gaze on him. Wah those eyes are really pretty.  "Jeongyeon, I want to tell you that I l-like you," Jimin avoided her gaze and felt his cheeks burning.

"Oh," Jeongyeon froze, then forced a laugh, "Of course I like you too." Jimin looked hopeful. "We're friends, right?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Jimin could feel his world ending. 

He could feel shame and disappointment caving down on him. That simple sentence told him everything: Jeongyeon didn't want his love. She just wanted them to be friends, and not lovers. JImin could feel disappointment threatening to wash down onto him, and he struggled to keep a straight face.

"Jimin?" Jeongyeon looked at him with concern etched across her face, "Are you okay?" Jimin blinked and made a hurried excuse to leave.

But before he left Jeongyeon, he whispered to himself,

"Go on your own pace, Jeongyeon. I'll just follow you and I'll be waiting for the day when you accept me."