7: Heal your Heart

Right after biding farewell with Jimin, Nayeon, to start her mission to put Jimin and Jeongyeon together, decided to meet with Jeongyeon and maybe sneak information about her 'date' with Jimin.

"Unnie-ah," Jeongyeon called with she saw Nayeon, "It's really a coincidence that I just met with Jimin two hours ago." "Jinjja?! (Really?!)" Nayeon faked astonishment, and pretended that she didn't know about her friends' date. They bought bubble milk tea and slurped them as they wandered down the streets like a normal girls' hangout.

"Just now," Jeongyeon began the conversation, "Jimin told me that he liked me, and I told his that I liked him as friends. He looked disappointed and quickly made a lame excuse to leave. I don't regret it." "Ani-ya, Jeongyeon you're joking right? There's no way you could have turned down his confession," Nayeon sighed exasperatedly and pretended to look at Jeongyeon with disgusted surprise.

It was a mark of their strong friendship that Jeongyeon plainly told Nayeon the truth, and that Nayeon didn't hesitate to voice her honest opinions. They placed enormous trust in each other, and knew that they won't expose each other's secrets.

"I did. I turned him down. And you know why," Jeongyeon told her bluntly. "Jeongyeon-ie, I understand your position, but you should learn to move on. He's already out of your life 1.5 years ago, and it's high time that you should find another love," Nayeon counseled her patiently, "besides, Jimin is a nice guy. You know about his insane popularity, so you should get him before he gets taken by other girl." 

Jeongyeon facepalmed herself in her mind, "Friends are friends. Lover are lovers. There's a line between them, and I'm not sure if I should let someone cross it. Yes, I know that Jimin has a nice personality," she added at the sight of Nayeon's irritated expression, "but I'm scared that he would be just like Tae, that he would break my heart again. I know Jimin likes me a lot, but I don't know if he's using me of if he's truly sincere about it."

"So that means," Nayeon concluded slowly, "you do like him, but you're just scared  that he'll hurt you." Jimin I have to talk to you. "If Jimin manages to prove that he truly loves you, you'll accept his confession and be his girlfriend. Am I correct?"

"Yea. I might need some time to consider being his official girlfriend, but basically that's it. Wait," Jeongyeon trailed off and looked straightly at Nayeon, who had a smile spreading across her face, "why are you pushing me to Jimin?"

Nayeon swallowed her smile and put her hand on Jeongyeon's shoulder, "because you're my best friend. When he first left you, I saw how brokenhearted you were, but you never stopped being my best friend and kept the smile on my face, despite the emotional hardships you were facing." She gently brushed away Jeongyeon's forming tears, "now it's my turn to repay the favour.

You have a good guy chasing after you, and I will do anything to get you to him to heal your heart."