4: Lies

A week later, Jimin had tried everything to grab Jeongyeon's attention to show her his real feelings, but she insisted that they were just friends, nothing more and nothing less. Jeongyeon either chose to ignore Jimin's actions, or she didn't even notice.

Disappointed, Jimin decided to talk to his close friend Nayeon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Nayeon-ah," he began, "How do you think I can get my crush's attention?" Nayeon, who was sitting on a bench next to him, asked, "Are you trying to win Jeongyeon's heart?"

Jimin leapt up with shock and reddened, "H-how do you know? She's n-not my crush." Nayeon laughed, "You're my close friend, and I've known Jeongyeon for ten years already. Shes's basically my sister. Those signs you're sending are pretty obvious anyway."

Jimin slowly acknowledged defeat, "Jeongyeon always told me not to cross the line, because we're just friends. But I don't want us to be just friends." Nayeon nodded with wisdom, "Yea, I understand Jeongyeon's mindset."

"She's so strict about friendship. Is it because of Kim Taehyung?" Jimin wondered out loud. Nayeon cupped her hands over her mouth, "H-how did you know about this? I never told anyone about him before!" 

Jimin stuttered, "W-well I saw Jeongyeon pale when he was mentioned last week. I confronted her after school and she told me Taehyung was her best friend in high school, but I saw tears in her eyes when I said his name." 

Nayeon's face relaxed and she muttered, "Jeongyeon still trusts me to keep her secret: He doesn't know anything."

Jimin, offended, raised his eyebrows, "I don't know anything?"

"Yea, you don't. Jeongyeon lied to you."

------------------------------------

To my readers, I'm so sorry that this chapter is so short.