8: Progression

To all my readers: Thank you for all those reads and votes. I'm very grateful and surprised because this is my debut novel and I'm not expecting much. 

Also, I apologize in advance if you find this chapter very boring. 

----------------------------------------------------------

For the following month, Jimin had tried everything Nayeon had told her to do, to express his love towards Jeongyeon. However, Jeongyeon seemed unsatisfied and often told Jimin not to cross the line. 

"I don't get it," she grumbled to Nayeon when they were walking through the school campus huddled in layers in coats against the harsh, thorny wind, "Why is Jimin so nice to me? Every day, I see him sacrificing himself to help me, and I feel bad about it."

Nayeon rolled her eyes in her mind, she's really that blind, "Can't you see? He's trying to show that he loves you so much that he's willing to sacrifice himself for you. If you want him to stop, tell him directly."

------------------------------------------------------

The next day, Jeongyeon confronted Jimin, who was tidying her desk for her, "Jimin-ah, may I ask why you're being so nice to me so suddenly for an entire month?" 

Jimin, although surprised and disappointed at the same time, tried to keep a straight face, saw Nayeon mouthing answers for him while standing behind Jeongyeon, "Well, we're friends, right? Friends are here to help each other."

Jeongyeon's hard face immediately softened, once she knew Jimin still acknowledged them as friends, "Please don't do that anymore. I can't stand watching you being the past me, always sacrificing myself for acceptance." Not that you would know anyway.

Jimin recalled in his mind, that Jeongyeon had sacrificed herself to be with Taehyung. Jeongyeon, of course, didn't know that he knew about her past. 

"Okay then, I'll stop," Jimin wiped his hands on his pants, "can you come over to my place next Saturday to study with me?" Nayeon smiled at the smooth flow, and Jeongyeon, though thoroughly surprised, agreed. 

This was how Jimin and Jeongyeon spent the rest of the semester, stealing time for playdates and studydates, with Nayeon as their supportive third wheel. Jeongyeon knew that their relationship was too forced and rushed, but she still appreciated it secretly, while keeping her cool, and knew that Jimin wanted her, even if he didn't say it out loud.

She told herself, if Jimin asks me again, I will accept him.

-----------------------------------------------------

Unbeknownst to Jeongyeon or even Nayeon, Jimin was frustrated with the one-sided love. He was afraid that Jeongyeon would reject him again, so he kept holding back. Jimin was tired of blindly chasing Jeongyeon, who was intentionally stubborn that they were just friends. 

He knew that he still loved her with all his heart, but to make her love him, Jimin had to take another approach to the situation, and he hatched the perfect masterplan.

"Jeongyeon you will be mine again."