21: Forever Yours

Continued from chapter 20: Double Love pt. 2

"No, not Jeongyeon," Taehyung looked into Nayeon's eyes unflinchingly, "You."

Nayeon's heart beat vigorously as Taehyung closed the distance between them, and she, following suit, pressed her lips against his. The butterflies in her stomach went insane.

Jeongyeon almost leapt out of her hiding place in shock and joy. True, it was pretty awkward to watch her best friend kiss someone else, but she was proud that Taehyung had finally accepted another girl.

---------------------------------

Nayeon's heart was thumping against her chest. 

Taehyung was Jeongyeon's neighbour in Suwon, and didn't study in the same school as she was in, so she had never met him. She first heard about him when Jeongyeon told her that they broke up, and her first impression of him was not good.

Nayeon had never known Taehyung before, until Jeongyeon mentioned that he had debuted as a soloist, and Nayeon had fallen for him at first sight, and she became his fan. However, to keep Jeongyeon happy, she never once mentioned that she liked him.

During the ball, she got closer to Taehyung, and started to realize how of a gentleman he was. He completely contrasted from her first impression of him, and a part of her silently wondered why Jeongyeon would choose to leave someone like him. Then she knew, their personalities were just too contrasting for them to end together.

She was falling for him even deeper, and she was afraid that Taehyung would treat her like a normal fan, and would keep a distance form her. Little did she know, Taehyung was also trying to control himself form falling for her, thinking that she was just a normal fan of his. 

As they enjoyed the night together, both of them finally realized that they were meant for each other, even though they hadn't known each other for long. That was when they surrendered to love and kissed. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

Not wanting to disturb the kiss, Jeongyeon and Jimin went to another corner of the balcony, where they wouldn't be overheard. 

"I'm happy for both of them. I knew Nayeon was Taehyung's ideal type, outgoing and sunny, so I wanted to put them together. I've never expected them to love each other so quickly though. Watching them kiss was pretty awkward," Jeongyeon began with a small chuckle.

"Should I kiss you the same why so you wouldn't feel awkward then?" Jimin replied smoothly, while smirking slightly.

Jeongyeon faked irritation, though slightly amused, "I really mean it. It was awkward. But I feel Taehyung had finally found the love he deserved, the love that I couldn't give him, with Nayeon."

Jimin also faked annoyance, though he was touched by girlfriend's sincerity, "But I also meant what I said. I really want to kiss you."

Without waiting for a reply, Jimin pulled Jeongyeon' waist towards his, and pressed his lips fully against hers. Jeongyeon was expecting it, but was still slightly surprised. 

---------------------------------------

It was a scene Jeongyeon could picture in her mind: She, dressed in a gorgeous gown, was kissing passionately with her Prince Charming, Jimin, looking ravishing in his tuxedo, and they had the backdrop of a flawless golden sunset, which was ironically the same time when they had their first kiss. It seemed like a surreal fairytale kiss setting, instead of an escape hideout from the company ball.

The kiss was better and more magical than all the kisses she had exchanged with Jimin, including their first, rooftop kiss. It was a kiss that sealed them together with an unbreakable bond of love. It was a kiss that promised them each other. It was a kiss that contained the vow of supporting each other until forever, at any cost.

------------------------------

Silently, but coincidentally, both of them made a wish for each other. Jimin/Jeongyeon, I wish that I will be forever yours.

Little did they know, Nayeon and Taehyung were spying on them. "Finally," Nayeon popped up from her hiding place, when Jimin and Jeongyeon had parted their lips, "You lovebirds are done kissing", and Taehyung snickered, no longer feeling jealous or disappointed about his ex's love for Jimin. 

Jimin still got his arms around Jeongyeon's waist and smirked, "Says the lovebirds who have been kissing themselves five minutes earlier." Nayeon and Taehyung blushed crimson and hastily denied everything. "Lipstick smudges don't lie," Jeongyeon concluded, still not making eye contact with them.

Nayeon and Taehyung froze in horror as they looked at each other's lipstick smudges. Sheepishly, they admitted their love for each other.

----------------------------------------------

Before the party ended, Jeongyeon pulled Taehyung aside. She narrowed her eyes and told him threateningly, "Don't you ever dare to mess with Nayeon's heart, just like how you did with mine." 

Taehyung's smile was filled with sincerity and promise, "Believe me, I won't. Once I've found my one true love, I am never going to let her go. Even if she leaves me, I will still follow her, because I am forever hers."

Even if my career fails after this news breaks out, it's fine, because she's beside me and she's all I will ever need again.

---------------------------------------------

Finally, all their heart conflicts were resolved. Two men and two women had found love with each other, and bonded with a promise of never letting go. Their love stories finally had a resolution.