19: Double Love pt. 1

Jeongyeon told Jimin all about her plans to set Nayeon with Taehyung, especially since Nayeon was a fan of his, provided that Jimin would promise not to spill anything to her. Jimin, during the preparations for the date, was a nice partner to have, because he was extremely efficient and resourceful, and Jeongyeon was glad to have him.

------------------------------------------

On the day of the date, Jeongyeon raced over to Nayeon's house three hours earlier to get her prepared. (Nayeon had slowly turned to her original self after knowing Jeongyeon still loves her and had prepared something large for her. Nayeon also had a feeling that Mina had told Jeongyeon about her confession.) 

She had especially told Nayeon to dress formally, so she was excited to see how her best friend would turn out, especially since Nayeon had a great artistic sense. 

She hadn't told Nayeon about the event yet, but she trusted Nayeon to take it seriously and look her best.

"Jeongyeon-ah, do I look alright?" Nayeon exited from the bathroom. Jeongyeon's jaw dropped. She was wearing a red, see-through gown that trailed to the ground but at the same time showed off her creamy legs. 

(Nayeon's look)

(Nayeon's look)

Jeongyeon had never seen Nayeon look so regal, so free before. It was obvious, when they stood together, how Jeongyeon's off-shoulder white gown immediately paled next to Nayeon's vibrant one. Great, this'll make her stand out.

 Great, this'll make her stand out

(Jeongyeon's look)

--------------------------------------------------

After 2.5 hours of intense grooming, the two quickly headed to a nearby hotel. 

Nayeon froze with surprise when she saw a sign over the hotel ballroom's door. 'KimTech Masquerade Ball'. "You've brought me to a ball?!" Jeongyeon grinned. 

Mr. Kim was a close friend of her father's, so when she got invited to the ball she couldn't resist to take the opportunity so solve Nayeon's problems. Jeongyeon handed Nayeon a mask and dragged her inside the ballroom.

--------------------------------------------

At the same time, Kim Taehyung was in his car.

He felt incredibly stuffy in his tuxedo, and he would't even attend the masquerade ball if anyone else invited him. He was an idol, so he should've been at work, busy preparing for his next comeback. But it was his ex-girlfriend who had invited him, and she had said there was a special 'someone' she would like him to meet. His curiosity overwhelmed him, and he couldn't pass the offer.

Once his chauffeur stopped in front of the Lotte Hotel, which was arguably one of the most luxurious hotels in Seoul, Taehyung stepped out from the car and was immediately greeted by a cute-looking man who introduced himself as Park Jimin. Jimin then led him to the ball.

---------------------------------------------

Jeongyeon had told Jimin to meet her and Nayeon at the entrance inside the venue, but he couldn't anyone who looked like Jeongyeon's there. In fact, he could only see two girls, one dressed in white and the other in red, near his meetup place, both dressed elegantly. 

He couldn't help it, but they were so pretty that he had to look at them. Jeongyeon please don't be jealous. The girl in white caught him staring at her and she looked at him in the eye. Jimin's heart skipped a beat. It was Jeongyeon.

Jimin's legs turned into jelly as he and Taehyung walked to Jeongyeon. He could hear Taehyung draw a breath, "Jeong." Jimin had never seen Jeongyeon, or even Nayeon, look so fresh. Even though both of them were wearing masks, their eyes glowed.

"Hey," Jeongyeon smiled at Jimin. She then turned to Taehyung, "Taehyung o-oppa." Jimin didn't blame her for stuttering, since it was the first time she had talked to her ex, after their breakup, so obviously she would be feeling nervous.

Jeongyeon stood next to Jimin and introduced everyone to Taehyung, "This is my boyfriend Jimin." Jeongyeon couldn't look at Taehyung in the eye. "And this the girl who I wanted to introduce to you. She's my best friend, Nayeon."

Taehyung's heart froze. He had expected Jeongyeon to invite him because she wanted him back. Now Jeongyeon told him that she had already replaced him entirely, which meant he could never get her heart.

--------------------------------------------

Taehyung looked at the Nayeon girl and he was completely in awe. In his idol career, he had seen many ordinary girls transform into beauties after makeup. But Nayeon was different. 

He could tell that she had only put on light makeup, but her eyes shone. Her clear skin glowed. Her sexy red gown showed off her slim bodice. In other words, Nayeon was bedazzling.

Jeongyeon seemed to have noticed Taehyung's tongue tied silence, because she quickly excused herself and Jimin, leaving her ex and her best friend to chat privately.

-----------------------------------------------

Thank you for all the love and support I got from y'all. Merry Christmas 🎄