16: Plans

Jimin was on the patio playing basketball with his friends when he looked up to see Jeongyeon on the roof looking deep in thought. He decided to go up there to surprise her, and he left the game.

When he arrived, panting slightly, he saw Jeongyeon talking on her phone with the speaker on, and she was waiting for the recipient to pick up. Jimin was making his way towards her silently when he heard the unknown person say "hey babe".

Jimin froze in tracks. 'Babe', he called her. Jimin didn't know who she was talking to, nor did he care. There was only one thing he cared, that whoever called Jeongyeon 'babe' would be her lover, which proved that she was cheating on him. Hurt tore across his heart as he reminisced the times they had spent together. 

Trying not to let his tears fall, Jimin stood behind Jeongyeon and heard her entire phone conversation.

------------------------------

?: Hey babe. Are you finally calling me after those years? Do you want to come join me?

J: N-no I don't. I just want to ask you for a favour.

?: Anything for you.

J: (deep breath) There's someone who I would like you to meet, and I would like you two to meet at a hotel. I'll organize everything and text you the details.

(Jeongyeon's voice broke, and the person evidently heard it)

?: (trying to sound caring but is actually flirting) Is there anyone bullying you? Tell me who he is, and I'll take care of him. Just tell me, and I'll come to you anytime.  Call me if you're in trouble, my princess.

J: Please, I'm not your princess anymore. Don't call me that. Goodbye.

---------------------------------------

Jeongyeon hung up, and whispered to herself, "I miss you." Even though he could only see her back, Jimin could tell that Jeongyeon was trying to stay strong, but had reminisced memories when she heard his voice and broke down. 

From her tone, Jeongyeon clearly had a lot of love for that man.

After the conversation, Jeongyeon hastily wiped away her forming tears and turned around to leave. She found herself facing Jimin, who had a murderous look plastered on his face, "Who was that?"

Jeongyeon stuttered, "N-nobody." 

Jimin lost his cool and flamed up, "Don' you dare to lie to me, Yoo Jeongyeon. I heard everything. I heard how he called you babe and princess. Is he your secret boyfriend who I am unaware of? In case you've forgotten, you are already in love. With me! Do you think it's funny that you're cheating on your lover? Now tell me Jeongyeon. Who was that!"

Jeongyeon had never seen Jimin lose his temper like that. To be honest, she hadn't seen him angry at all. Betrayal and hurt was written across his face, and his eyes spoke even more pain. 

Jeongyeon was relieved, when Jimin accused her of cheating on him, that he had simply misunderstood everything. "Fine, if you must know," Jeongyeon said, both nervously and exasperatedly, "I was talking to V -- Kim Taehyung. I just wanted to ask him for a little favour. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less."

-------------------------------

Upon hearing Jeongyeon's reply, Jimin's eyes, filled with betrayal and hurt before, were filled with regret. "I'm sorry Jeong. I'm sorry for suspecting you." Jeongyeon apologized too, and admitted, "I'm never going to cheat on you. I promise. And suddenly, I realized that I've never told you about my history with V. You deserve to know about it."

Jeongyeon slowly sat on the floor with Jimin, "as you probably know from Nayeon, Taehyung was my first love. We broke up because I realized I let my guard down and let him get into me too much. That's why I felt a lot for him, even though he wasn't the best boyfriend."

As she spoke, Jeongyeon felt tears welling up, and felt herself travelling back in time, to the day when they broke up.