12: Silent Confessions

Continued from chapter 11: His Masterplan pt. 3

--------------------------------------------------------

Jeongmin's side

"Jeongyeon, I love you."

Jeongyeon's face remained expressionless, and Jimin's remaining shreds of hope faded into nothingness, "I know this has taken you by surprise, but I just wanted to know, and I know that you don't love me at all, especially after what I had done."

He got ready to stand up and leave, "Thank you for spending time with me for all those months, but I guess we aren't meant for each other. Goodbye, Jeong-"

He could not finish his sentence, because a pair of lips suddenly crashed against his and his mind went blank.

-------------------------------------------------

Despite her mixed emotions, Jeongyeon knew how to control her strength and kissed Jimin softly. She managed to fill her kiss with all the unspoken love she had to Jimin, and stepped even closer to him, until there was nothing between them.

She could tell that Jimin was completely unprepared, but she kissed him soothingly, so as to calm his nerves. At that moment, her tears fell.

----------------------------------------------

Jimin didn't know how to react.

He had only wanted Jeongyeon to give him a direct reaction, whether if she stayed mad at him or forgave him, and when she didn't, he wanted to forgive and forget her, even if he knew he wouldn't.

It was unexpected that Jeongyeon would kiss him voluntarily. Indeed, he had been dreaming to kiss her for ages, but his body froze when she did.

-------------------------------------------

As she kissed him, Jimin could feel all his doubts about her love for him melt, and leaving only a confirmation that Jeongyeon loved him as much as he did for her. 

Jimin hear the loud thumps of his heart as it beat rapidly against his chest. He could hear the same from Jeongyeon. If he were to plan their first kiss, he would never had suggested them to kiss on the school rooftop. He could hear the wind whistling around him, as if everything had stopped to watch them kiss; he could feel the fear of being caught growing steadily larger inside him. 

He tasted, in the kiss, a mixture of love, passion, regret, acceptance, apology and understanding. He could feel tears, that were brimming on his eyes, fall, just as Jeongyeon's streamed down her cheeks. He deepened the kiss, and could feel Jeongyeon doing the same too.  

They didn't know how long they had been standing and kissing on the school rooftop, but both savoured and treasured the moment as if it was their last. Some time later, they lifted their lips off each other's and grinned widely.

Jeongyeon's eyes, still red, but full of tears of gratitude and forgiveness, showed nothing but extreme relief and joy, and she whispered to Jimin, "I love you too. Thank you for always being there."

Jimin thought he could not smile wider, but he did as Jeongyeon confirmed her love for him and rested her her head on his shoulder, with her arms wrapped around his waist. Jimin didn't need to say that he wouldn't hurt her again, because they both knew that they wouldn't leave each other ever again.

----------------------------------------------

During the embrace, Jimin could feel a pair of eyes watching Jeongyeon and him intently. Jimin glanced over Jeongyeon's shoulder and saw Nayeon watching him from her position on the patio. She saw everything, and his mind immediately darted to the kiss they had exchanged earlier. 

Even from afar, Jimin could see pride, success, relief, but also a hint of jealousy, written across Nayeon's face. She raised a thumbs-up gesture at him, to ask him whether everything was fine. Jimin smiled, knowing that their love was finally true, and signalled whole-heartedly back to Nayeon.

Pain didn't break them. It only brought them even closer and promised them each other.