13: Jealousy pt. 1

Continued from chapter 10: His Masterplan pt. 2

("You go to Jeongyeon, and I'll take care of Mina")

---------------------------------------------

Minayeon's side

After the dismissal, Nayeon watched as Jimin raced off to the rooftop. Somehow, she knew that Jimin's apology would turn out well, but part of her didn't want that.

She wanted them to be just friends, so that she could have both her best friend and close friend to her. Even though she didn't want to admit it, she felt jealous of Jeongyeon, that she could get the boy of her dreams, and she got no one. 

Indeed, she had a boyfriend in Suwon, but unbeknownst to her parents, or even Jeongyeon, she only dated him because he paid her for it. There was no real love involved, and the thing Nayeon wished for most was love.

Shaking away all her negative thoughts, Nayeon headed off to the patio for Mina. Quiet, pretty and observant, plus her legendary ballet skills, Mina was one of the few classmates whom Nayeon looked up to. Thinking of it, Nayeon realized that she had no idea of how to comfort Mina. 

------------------------------------------

Mina had been crying for two hours straight, but the pain was still raw on her heart. She thought she could no longer cry, but she did. She cried until her eyes were red and stinging from tears, but she didn't care.

Mina was soon aware that she was crying for no particular reason. Jimin has never said that he loved me, and we just had a normal classmate relationship. He didn't actually cheat on me. I shouldn't cry like this. 

She promised herself if she could get someone to give her a piece of advice she desperately needed, to help her accept her situation, she would stop being miserable and forgive Jimin for using her. 

She just wanted someone, anyone, to talk to, and that was when she felt someone sit next to her. It was Nayeon, who was also troubled by her own thoughts. 

-----------------------------------------

Mina waited for Nayeon to start the conversation, but she didn't, giving Mina the opportunity to bring the talk in her own track. "Nayeon-ssi," she began in a weak voice, "How can you forget the pain in your heart when you realized that a person you love has used you to get to another girl?"

Nayeon froze. Mina knows everything. She must've heard everything from the conversation I made with Jimin just now. It wasn't really a surprise though, considering that they weren't speaking in hushed tones at all.

"You can't," she said simply, "You can't forget pain easily. It still lingers within you, no matter how hard you try to forget it, but you can minimize the pain." "Please tell me how. I'll do anything to heal the scar on my heart," Mina whispered in a broken, fragile voice.

"You have to work hard. Work hard until you can get a minimal time for you to dwell on your worries. Focus in your dream and forget about Jimin." 

Mina gulped. Her dream was to be a ballet dancer, and she had already spent more than six hours every day to make this dream come true. So she always went to school with bleeding toes which, thankfully, were hidden in her shoes. To imagine practising even harder was physically torturing, but to forget her sorrows, Mina knew she had to do it. 

"Thank you," she whispered, and laid her head on Nayeon's shoulder.

--------------------------------------

Nayeon was thoroughly surprised. She had expected that opening Mina's heart would take a lot of time and effort, but in the end she nearly did nothing. She admired Mina's strong demeanour, which effectively concealed the pain she had been facing.

Nayeon wished she could have the same attitude, so she could also forget about the hurt she had felt because of her friends. She looked up onto the rooftop to check on Jimin, and she saw his standing very close to Jeongyeon. From the way that she couldn't see their faces, she could tell that they were undeniable kissing.

Seeing them intertwined with an unbreakable bond of love made Nayeon's heart fill with even more jealousy. A part of her hated Jeongyeon, even after their decade of friendship, that she was the one in love, not herself.