18: Her Past pt. 3

Continued from chapter 17: Her Past pt. 2

After the outburst, Jeongyeon raced into the pouring rain, only sheltered by an umbrella that could barely fit her slight frame. 

Her heart was tearing into pieces as she settled on a wet bench and scrolled through the photo gallery on her phone, to see those happy memories she had made with Taehyung over the years. With a heavy heart, Jeongyeon deleted every picture of him, one by one. She wished that she could disappear into her never ending misery. 

She could feel Taehyung's claw marks fresh and hurting on her heart, and she cried her heart out as the rain steadily grew heavier around her. She missed his warm breath, his hugs, his kisses -- basically everything about him. As she reminisced the times they had spent with each other, she tried to control herself as she reminded herself that Taehyung wasn't a part of her life anymore. They had really broke up. 

Jeongyeon knew that she was a girlfriend Taehyung didn't deserve, and she had to leave him. But it was hard to accept that their bond was finally broken, especially since they had spent two years in each other's embrace. 

Jeongyeon didn't stop crying, not even when the rain stopped and rainbow appeared in the sky. She had no idea how long she had been crying for, and just trudged home soullessly when  she was tired of crying over him. 

Jeongyeon looked at Taehyung's apartment for one last time, and whispered, "Kim Taehyung, I love you. I wish you all the best for your career."

------------------------------------------------------------------

Slowly, Jeongyeon could feel that she was losing herself. She starved herself and survived on barely minimal meals each day. Her depression worsened and didn't improve after consulting for professional help. Her grades, once top of the class, dropped drastically and she failed numerous exams. 

Things didn't turn out well when her best friend Nayeon suddenly quitted school, leaving her to fix all her problems alone. Finally, after even more sleepless nights of worrying about Taehyung's condition after the breakup, Jeongyeon decided that she couldn't stand her pain anymore and moved to Seoul, to keep an eye on him.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Over the next months, Jeongyeon travelled from school to school in Gangnam, where the BigHit Entertainment headquarters was located. In the shadows, Jeongyeon watched Taehyung every day grow thinner and his emotionless eyes grow more exhaustedly. She watched him get moody after the breakup, and his cute appearance slowly changed into a hot one.

Jeongyeon kept watching him every day, from his trainee days to after his soloist debut. She watched as fame rose around him, and he steadily grew happier as he got the recognition from the public that he had always dreamed of. Only after ensuring that Taehyung's career was on the right track did Jeongyeon stop her actions and transfer to her present school. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"All these years, I've been wanting to call him, but I just can't," Jeongyeon told Jimin, "Because I'm afraid that he'll hurt me again if I do. That's why I called him just now when I had no choice." Jimin listened to everything in rapt attention in silence. Finally, Jeongyeon had trusted him enough to tell him about her past.

"I'm going to make Taehyung fall for Nayeon."