Well, sh*t

Gabe

I left the plate and food on the floor and booked it out of there. I ran down the stairs and out of the house, jumping the fence into Nate's backyard. I felt something pull in my leg as I fell and smacked the ground. Nate and Deacon stared at me.

I got up and stood there for a minute. Then I hobbled over to them.

"What are you doing?" Nate asked.

"Trying to keep what dignity I have left," I reasoned.

"I thought your driving was bad. It doesn't compare to your athletic skills," Deacon said.

I closed my eyes and inhaled, then opened them. "I went to take Tori some food and caught Elias kissing her," I said, standing there.

Nate and Deacon did a double-take.

"It seems Elias jumped the gun," I added, nodding.

"What part of slow doesn't our dipshit brother understand?" Nate asked with disbelief.

"Have you met Elias?" Deacon asked Nate.

"While you two are bickering like little old ladies, your brother is putting the moves on my sister," I reminded the boys.

"Yeah, so?" Nate asked.

I put my palm on my face and shook my head.

********
Tori

Gabe took off as I shook my head. My brother left a mess in my doorway. I looked at Elias as he looked at me.

"Was that a one-time thing?" I asked.

Elias looked at me, then leaned in, and pressed his lips against mine. I reached up and placed my hands on his face as I kissed him back. Kissing Elias was everything I imagined and more.

We broke from our kiss. "What do you think?" Elias asked me.

I looked at Elias. "I don't know what to think. It feels surreal to me."

"But it feels right," Elias said as we looked at each other.

"I don't want to get a crush," I whispered.

"You won't," Elias promised. He reached up and moved a loose strand of hair behind my ear. "We'll take it slow."

I nodded because my feelings for Elias scared the hell out of me. The last thing I want to do is open up to someone and have the person break my heart.

********
Nate

I stood there as Gabe paced back and forth, rambling about Tori and Elias. I didn't see what was wrong, considering this solves our issue. Deacon left and went into the house. I shook my head.

Gabe finally stopped and stood there.

"Are you finished?" I asked.

"Yeah," Gabe answered.

"Look, you grew up with us. Elias wouldn't hurt Tori. He'll hurt other people who hurt her," I reasoned.

"I don't want my sister to get hurt. I saw what happened to her with Bradley," Gabe reasoned.

"Elias wouldn't hurt Tori. You need to chill," I said.

"Yeah, you're right. I got to go and clean up my mess. I left food on the floor in Tori's doorway," Gabe said. I chuckled as he left. I turned and went into the house.

I saw dad sitting at the table, flipping through a car magazine. I walked over and sat down in a chair. He looked at me.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked.