Christmas chaos

Tori

Tis the season to be jolly and all things Christmas. I'm not sure if a person is jolly. What is the concept of a jolly person? Is it a fat man in a red suit with white wool and a beard? Is it Christmas carols, cookies, and movies? Or am I reading too much into it?

"Are you still thinking about Christmas?" Elias asked, breaking me from my thoughts.

I laid on my bed, glancing at him as he hovered over me. "It's hard not to think about the holiday season. As soon as Thanksgiving ends, then bam! We get smacked in the face with all things Christmas. Plus, we're a couple. I have to buy you a gift."

"Or you can put a bow on your head while naked. I wouldn't mind that gift," Elias remarked.

"You have a dirty mind." I took my fingertip and pressed it against his nose. Elias chuckled, then kissed me. My boyfriend is a horny toad.

He laid down next to me as my mind drifted. I was trying to figure out what to buy him and my family. Then an idea hit me. I knew what I would buy Elias for Christmas.

******
School ended for Christmas vacation. Gia and I went to the store to shop for our family and friends. I found different items for everyone, putting them into the shopping cart. I pushed the cart down to the craft aisle. I turned, stopping in front of the model cars.

I picked different models, placing them into the car. I moved to the art supplies, picking up sketch pads and pencils. I found the newest romance novels, tossing them into the cart. Then I found a fluffy pillow. I picked out a gift for everyone. I couldn't wait to see their faces.

We checked out as the cashier bagged the items. We grabbed our bags after paying, going out to the car. I popped the trunk, setting the bags inside, then closed it. Gia and I got in, heading home. I didn't mind shopping for people. I hated having to shop for myself. I never know what I want.

We got home, and I carried the bags into the house. Gia helped me wrap the gifts, and I labeled them with everyone's name.

"You have a unique idea with gifts," Gia mentioned, wrapping a model car.

"Every person should receive a gift they will like," I said, shoving the pillow into a bag. I wrote a name on the tag.

"Or a gift when you don't know what they like," Gia said, making a face at one gift.

I giggled. My phone vibrated. I checked my messages.

Mom wants to make cookies. She said if I don't invite you over, she's disowning me. - Elias

How does someone's mother disown them? - me

Have you met my mother? She likes you more than me. - Elias

Well, your mom has excellent taste. - me

I would instead taste you. - Elias

Stop being unholy. It's Christmas, you heathen. - me

Santa has a choo-choo for you. - Elias

I rolled my eyes as I shook my head. I looked at Gia. "Are you up for making cookies?" I asked.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because Nora will disown Elias if I don't help make cookies," I replied.

"Can a mother disown their child?"

"Nora will if I don't come over. She likes me better than Elias."

"That's harsh," Gia remarked.