Thanksgiving shenanigans

Tori

Thanksgiving arrived, and I offered for Elias and me to cook dinner. Elias was less than thrilled. His words were, "Are you out of your mind?" No, I'm not. Plus, how hard can it be to cook a turkey? In our case, it's not hard but difficult.

I gathered the items for dinner as Elias grabbed the turkey from the fridge. He threw it into the sink with a clunk. I stopped and looked at him.

"Turkey's out," Elias said.

"I see that. Couldn't you have set it into the sink like a normal person?" I questioned, setting potatoes, can food, and boxes of stuffing on the counter.

"Do you know how heavy a twenty-two-pound bird is? It's heavy," he retorted.

I rolled my eyes as I grabbed a pair of scissors from the wooden holder. I cut through the mesh, then the plastic. I had to make sure I didn't nick the turkey. Elias grabbed a garbage can as I removed the outer packaging and tossed it into the trash.

Mom came into the kitchen to check on us. "How's it going?" She asked, glancing at the stuff on the counter.

"It's going. I'm getting ready to put the turkey in the roasting pan," I mentioned.

"Don't forget to take out the neck and packaging before you put it in the pan," mom instructed.

"What do you mean?" I asked as Elias watched us.

"Tori, the bird comes with the neck, heart, gizzards, and gravy. The butcher puts it in the cavity," mom answered.

"Oh, right," I said while smiling.

Mom gave me a strange look as she left us to make dinner. Yeah, I didn't know the butchers did that.

"Okay, stick your hand inside and pull out the items," I told Elias.

"You stick your hand inside," Elias countered.

"Are you the man in the relationship?" I questioned.

Elias glared at me. Well, okay, then. Never question your boyfriend's role in your relationship. You don't receive a good look.

I set the turkey up and put my hand in the neck opening, pulling out bags. That wasn't too bad. Then I flipped the turkey and shoved my hand into the hole. I grabbed something long and hard, then stopped. Okay, what the hell is this thing?

"What's wrong?" Elias asked.

"It's long and hard," I answered.

Elias looked at me and snickered. Then I realized why. I narrowed my eyes and pressed my lips together in a straight line.

"You're a dirty boy," I commented.

"Yeah, but I have something long and hard," Elias remarked.

I didn't want to discuss sex while trying to remove a turkey's neck from the turkey. The problem is that it's stuck. I used my fingers to loosen it while still feeling ice chips. The neck came free, and that's when we ran into a slight issue.

I tried to pull my hand out, and it got stuck. No, I mean, it got stuck inside the bird.

"What are you doing?" Elias asked.

"My hand is stuck," I answered, pushing on the bird with my other hand.

"Say what?" Elias gave me a weird look.

I grunted and groaned as I used one hand to push and pull the other hand out. "My hand is stuck," I grunted.

Elias grabbed the bird and pulled on it as I pushed.