Homecoming, part 2

Tori

Elias and I had a long talk about Tim. Yeah, he wasn't happy that I didn't tell him about Tim's appearances. In my defense, I have no clue why.

I made sure I was with someone when I wasn't with Elias. It helped ease everyone's minds.

After that day, I hadn't seen Tim. Maybe, he got bored with watching me. It's not like I'm that interesting to watch. Have you met me?

Saturday arrived, and so did Homecoming. Gia and I got ready together. Elias and Deacon got dressed, as did the cousins. I sent Oliver a text about our plan. You didn't think I forget, did you? He replied he wasn't stupid, and I'm an idiot. Remind me to smack the shit out of him.

That's what happens when you plot with a Harper cousin. I need to find them a woman or guy, stat. I'm not sure which way Oliver swings. Psycho twins prefer women. I'm spending too much time dissecting Oliver's sexuality.

I curled my hair while Gia did her makeup.

"I didn't take you for being girly," Gia mentioned.

"Eh, beauty takes time. I don't want to look like a hobo with Elias," I reasoned.

Gia chuckled. I moved the curling iron, wrapping strands of hair around it.

"Why didn't you ask one of the boys to Homecoming?" I asked.

"Oh, sure. Hey, boys. Do you want to take a pity date to Homecoming?" Gia asked with sarcasm.

"You're not a pity date. It's not your fault. My idiot brother has the hots for Nate."

Gia gave me an annoyed look. I can't help it if my brother lies and hides the truth. I'm not his keeper.

I finished curling my hair, then ran a brush through it. I used my fingertips to play with before grabbing an aerosol can. I sprayed the hell out of it with hairspray.

"You're depleting the ozone!" Gia exclaimed.

"I doubt it considering my mom depleted it years ago. You should see her high school picture. The woman had big hair," I mentioned, moving my hands over my head.

Gia laughed.

"Tori! Elias is here!" Mom yelled.

Gia and I left my room and came downstairs. I walked over to Elias.

"Nice dress," Elias complimented me.

"I thought I would go with simple," I reasoned.

"And your favorite color."

"What?" I looked at Elias, confused.

"Your favorite color is teal. You prefer two colors mixed than one. You told me at the cabin when we were younger."

I stared at Elias, forgetting I told him teal is my favorite color. He smiled as I put my hands on his shoulders. I kissed him, and he returned it. We broke from our kiss as we left the house.

Deacon came out of his house as Oliver pulled up on schedule. We stopped as Oliver got out and walked over to us.

"Hey, Gia. Do you need a ride to homecoming?" Oliver asked.

Gia started to say something. I interrupted her, "Yes, she does." I pushed Gia towards Oliver. She protested as Oliver grabbed her hand. He dragged her to his car as Deacon stood there, confused.

"Why does this situation sound like scheming with you?" Elias asked.

I looked at Elias as he looked at me.