Homecoming, part 1

Tori

Gia and I went dress shopping since I was going to homecoming. We went to a store and checked out the dresses.

"Are you going on a date?" I asked Gia out of curiosity.

"Nah, I thought I would go and have fun with everyone. Plus, no one asked me," Gia answered with a shrug.

The hangers clang together as we searched through the dresses. I wanted a dress that would suit me. It took a while, but I found one. The dress was a teal color with simple lines. I went to try it on to make sure it fit. No one wants to buy an ill-fitting dress for a dance.

I made my way to the dressing room and stepped in, then changed. The dress didn't have zippers or buttons, which made it easier to handle. I pulled it over my head and smoothed it out. Well, it fits, which is a plus.

I opened the curtain as Gia opened hers. We stepped out of the changing room.

"Well, our dresses fit," Gia mentioned.

I chuckled. "I like it. It isn't frilly but subtle," I reasoned.

"The color suits you."

I nodded as I went back and changed. A few minutes later, we emerged from the dressing room. We carried our dresses up to the counter.

"I like the dress you picked out," I told Gia.

"I wanted something simple. I'm not into sparkles or frills," Gia replied with a shrug.

I couldn't disagree with her. I hated frilly dresses. It wasn't me. I prefer simple.

We paid for our dresses then went to a shoe store. We found matching shoes for our dresses. I'm a tomboy, but I know what suits me with clothes. Why buy clothes that don't fit you or your personality? It makes no sense to me.

After we got our shoes, we went to have lunch. We sat in a booth with our bags next to us.

"I can't believe you didn't think Elias would take you to homecoming," Gia mentioned.

The server came, took our orders, then left.

"I didn't want to pressure Elias to take me. Who wants to make their boyfriend feel guilty over a dance?" I questioned.

"It's one thing to ask, and the guy says no. It's another to beg them," Gia reasoned.

"Yeah, but I'm hesitant," I reasoned.

Gia gave me a knowing look. When you get burned, you tend to become more hesitant with things. Trust is an issue too.

The server returned with our food. We dug in and ate. I couldn't wait to go to home homecoming with Elias.

*******
Elias

The doctor checked me out and cleared me. My lungs were clear of any fluid, and I felt ten times better. I also had to buy a suit. I can't take my girl to a formal dance looking like a slob. It wouldn't work.

Owen went with me as I searched for a suit. I picked out a black one.

"What did Tori say when you told her about Homecoming?" Owen asked as I tried on my suit.

"She wasn't going to ask me. So I beat her to the punch and asked her. That chicken," I replied.

Owen chuckled as I pulled my suit coat on. I wanted to make sure it fit. After testing out the suit, I bought it. We left and went to eat. We passed Coney Island, and I stopped. I noticed Tori and Gia sitting and eating. We made our way inside and over to their booth.