Coming home

Tori

After we finished the week, we came home. It wasn't a bad trip, and we had fun, but I'm glad to be home. I missed my bed, which I crawled into when I got home. My mom laughed when she saw me.

"Rough time?" Mom asked.

"No, but my bed is comfy," I mumbled.

Mom walked in and sat down on my bed. I looked at her.

"How was your week with everyone?" She asked.

"It was crazy, but fun. It reminded me of when I would go with Matt and Nora. I missed it," I answered with a shrug.

"Did you miss it because you missed a certain boy?"

I looked at mom as she looked at me. "I won't lie. It was nice to hang out with Elias. It reminded me of when we're younger."

"So, what changed?" My mom gave me a curious look.

"Elias told everyone I was like a kid sister."

My mom looked at me with concern.

"I realized I had a crush."

"I'll leave you to nap," Mom mentioned.

I smiled, then closed my eyes. I fell asleep. My mom left my room and went downstairs to make a call. I would find out later about the phone call.

*******
Elias

After dragging my bag into the house, I set it down. I walked over to my window and opened the screen. I stuck my head through the opening to see if Tori was in her room.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Mom yelled.

I bumped my head on the window, then pulled it in. I rubbed the back of my head. "What?" I asked.

Mom came into my bedroom. "You have one job and screwed it up. How hard is it to tell someone you like them?"

"Shouldn't you ask dad that question?" I asked.

Mom gave me a look I knew well. It's the look that says I'll beat your ass.

"Elias, if you like Tori, then tell her," Mom said.

"What?"

"Don't make me repeat myself." Mom gave me a look.

"How do you know I like Tori?" I asked with a look.

"I don't know what you mean," mom lied.

"I'm going to hurt Deacon," I said, leaving my bedroom.

"Matt! Elias is on his way to hurt Deacon!" Mom yelled.

"Got it!" Dad yelled.

Before I got to Deacon's room, Dad blocked my path.

"Get out of my way," I told Dad.

"Yeah, I would rethink that statement. Run, Deacon!" Dad yelled.

Deacon climbed out of his window as Dad kept me from beating the hell out of him. I swear there's a conspiracy going on here.

"You, in the kitchen. We need to have a chat about your intentions with a certain girl," Dad ordered, pointing to the kitchen.

Great, I thought. I walked past Dad and went into the kitchen. I sat down at the table as Dad joined me. I looked at my dad.

"Look, I don't know what happened at the cabin. I don't want to know. What I want to know is the truth? Do you like Tori?" Dad asked me.

I looked at Dad and said nothing.