Ice cream makes everything better

Tori

I sat on a thin mattress covered in a sheet. The doctor examined my nose and rib area. Then he sent me for x-rays. I hadn't spoken a word since we arrived. I didn't even know how to respond.

After the x-rays, we waited for the doctor to look at them.

"Tori, talk to us," dad coaxed.

I looked at the tile floor, supporting myself as n the bed. I didn't want to talk. I never had someone hurt me like that, and it scared the shit out of me.

The doctor came back and threw a black film on a screen, turning on the light. "It seems Tori's nose isn't broken, but she has two cracked ribs," the doctor said, showing my parents. "I'm giving her a prescription for an antibiotic and pain. We'll wrap her ribs, and she has to rest for four to six weeks. That means no physical activity."

The doctor wrote on a pad of paper and tore it off, handing it to my parents. He walked over to me. "Do you want to tell me what happened?" The doctor asked, looking at me with concern.

I glanced at the doctor. "No," I said, shaking my head.

The doctor looked at my parents.

"I'm going to call Nora. The boys must be worried," Mom said, leaving.

"I have to get something to drink," Dad mentioned, following mom.

I furrowed my brows. The doctor grabbed a chair and slid it over, then sat down.

"Tori, I know whoever did this scared you. Staying silent doesn't help," the doctor reasoned.

A nurse entered the area and wrapped my rib cage.

"We want to help," the doctor reasoned.

"I want to go home," I mumbled.

"Okay, but if you change your mind, your parents will help," the doctor reasoned.

I nodded. The doctor patted my leg and got up. He whispered to the nurse, who nodded. The doctor left.

"So you had a rough day," the nurse mentioned.

I looked at his name tag that said, Gray. "My gym teacher's last name is Gray," I mentioned.

"That's my brother Pat. My name is Parker," the nurse said.

"You have gentle hands," I mentioned.

"I sometimes found people need extra care," Parker said, clipping the wrap. "Look, I know you don't want to talk about what happened. When you're ready, talk to someone. It will help."

I nodded as Parker helped me down. He handed me paperwork as I took them and left. I felt like a truck hit me, and his name is Bradley. I went through the doors to see mom and dad, and they took me home. I wanted to sleep.

******
Parker

I cleaned up the room and changed the bed as Murphy came back into the room. "Did Tori say anything?" He asked me.

"No, and she won't," I said.

Murphy looked at me, and I sighed. I hated when people came in with injuries caused by someone else. We get a lot of domestic abuse victims. The victim won't talk, and it doesn't end well.

"Well, I hope that girl tells someone," Murphy said as I nodded. I'm so glad that Murphy transferred to the hospital. He cares about people and not about insurance companies.

******
Tori

My parents brought me home, and dad helped me into the house. We went up to my room, and I took my time sitting down on my bed. My mom allowed me to get situated as I laid on my bed like a lump.