Camping with the Harper boys

Tori

Do you know how camping should feel tranquil? Have you met the Harper boys? Nothing is ever peaceful with them. It started with an air horn going off in my ear. I fell out of bed and hit the floor with a thud.

I expected to get up and tackle Deacon but saw Elias leaning over me, smiling. I glared at him.

"Rise and shine, sweet cheeks," Elias said.

I frowned as I scrambled to my feet. I chased Elias out of my room. He ran down the stairs, and I jumped as I landed on Nate. I landed on the wrong brother. Elias laughed.

"Sorry, Nate," I yelled as I got off him and chased Elias.

Deacon leaned over Nate. "Well, our plan is working. Tori is chasing Elias."

"Who gives a shit? Help me up," Nate grumbled.

Nate held up his hand, and Deacon helped him up. I was busy chasing after Elias through the woods, then stopped. I realized I'm still in my PJs and barefoot.

"Oh, why did you stop? I thought we were enjoying our daily run!" Elias yelled.

"I have no shoes, goober!" I yelled, sticking up my barefoot.

"Oops, my bad," Elias laughed.

I groaned as I turned and walked back to the cabin. I made sure not to step on anything. I didn't need to cut my foot or get stung. As I stepped over things, I ignored my surroundings. Someone picked me up and carried me like a football.

"Do you mind?" I asked Elias.

"Nope, because you're slow and I want to eat," Elias answered.

I signed as Elias carried me back to the cabin. It's better than having to watch my step. We reached the back deck, and Elias set me down.

"You could have said Tori wake up. You didn't have to use an air horn," I reasoned.

"What fun is that?" Elias asked.

I rolled my eyes as he snickered. We went inside, and I walked over to Gabe, who's cooking. Yeah, it surprised me too that my brother cooks. Mom didn't want him to starve, so he's studying to become a chef. Free food, woohoo!

Gabe handed me a plate with pancakes and bacon. I walked over to the table and sat down. Now, most people have breakfast without issues. Four years changed people, and it changed Elias.

Elias grabbed a plate of pancakes and joined us.

"Can someone pass the syrup?" I asked. The syrup is near Nate and Elias.

"Yeah," Elias said. He picked up the syrup and tossed it, except he forgot to close the lid. The syrup bottle landed on the table, flinging syrup on me.

Gabe stopped before coming to the table. Nate and Deacon had stopped mid-bite. I looked at Elias as he looked at me.

"A smart person would have closed the lid before tossing the bottle," I said.

"Well, a smart person would have got up and got the syrup," Elias reasoned.

Gia moved away from the table and walked over to Gabe.

"Good call," Gabe whispered.

"I shouldn't have to get up to get the syrup. I asked for it," I said, narrowing my eyes.

"And I gave it to you," Elias replied with a smirk.

"Incoming," Deacon told Nate. They got out of the line of fire.