Returning to school

Tori

I returned to school, and the boys stuck close to me. I'm not sure why, but it didn't matter to me.

"How are you feeling, Tori?" Oliver asked.

"Better, but I still have to take it easy so my ribs can heal," I said, grabbing my books.

"That was bullshit," Kayden said as Jayden nodded.

"No, that's me having dated a douche," I said, feeling annoyed.

Bradley walked by with some guys and smirked. I turned and stared into my locker, saying nothing. The guys noticed as they watched me. Bradley's attack terrified me.

"Tori," Deacon said.

"What?" I whispered.

"You okay?" Deacon asked.

"Yeah," I nodded. No, I'm not okay, but I don't need a war.

Will Tori Willams report to the principal's office?

I sighed as I closed my locker door and trudged to the principal's office. I walked in as the secretary waved me over. She handed me a piece of paper. I took it, and it was a different class schedule.

"What's this?" I asked.

"Your counselor rearranged your schedule," the secretary said as I arched an eyebrow. She smiled as I looked at her, not knowing what to think. I shook my head as I left the office. Deacon stood there.

"Why did the office need you?" Oliver asked.

"My counselor changed my school schedule," I said, showing them my schedule. The boys looked at it and smiled. "What?"

"Each of us has different classes with you," Jayden mentioned.

"Say what?" I asked with confusion.

"Yep, and you get the pleasure of our company," Kayden added.

I looked at the boys, and they smiled. Well, that's better than stuck in a class with Bradley. Now I can get some peace.

My first class was on Deacon. We sat in the back, next to each other. It wasn't bad considering we're best friends.

"Psst," Deacon whispered.

"What?" I whispered.

"What's up with Gia? She seems upset," Deacon asked.

"Beats me. I guess there are issues between Gabe and her, but no one is talking," I said with a shrug.

Deacon looked at me. Yeah, don't ask me what is happening with my brother. I have other things to worry about, like Elias.

*******
Deacon

I strolled to the art class and made my way over to a table Gia was sitting. I watched her doodle in a sketchbook.

"Why do your drawings look like they want to murder people?" I asked.

Gia lifted her head and sighed. "Because they do."

"You're a disturbed individual. This doesn't have anything to do with your knight in tarnish armor, does it?" I asked, arching an eyebrow.

Gia looked at me. "Gabe and I seem to be on different levels lately."

I sat there, waiting.

"He's avoiding me," Gia added.

And there it is, folks. When a guy isn't honest with the person, he's dating. He avoids them. I would rather be honest than to lie. It drags everything out, which sucks ass.