Let's talk about raincoats

Nate

I drove home after talking to Conner. I pulled up to the house and got out of the car to see Gabe sitting on my front porch. I sighed and shook my head as I closed the car door, then strolled towards him.

"Okay, I know I haven't been accepting of your feelings, but I want to talk," Gabe said.

"Talk or tell me my feelings are a mistake," I said in a blunt tone.

"I was wrong," Gabe replied.

"Is that so?" I peered at Gabe, trying to determine if I wanted to hear him out.

"We've been best friends since we were six. I don't want to throw away years of friendship with us. Plus, I'm not like you. It takes me time to figure things out," Gabe admitted.

"Yeah, I noticed," I said with annoyance.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Gabe furrowed his brows.

I crossed my arms. "It means you got jealous when you saw me hanging out with Conner. Then you screwed up your relationship because you couldn't handle it. Gabe, I'm not into games. Even with the girls I dated, I was honest with them."

"Who says I'm not honest?"

"Are you here because you want me or trying to one-up Conner?" It was an honest question.

Gabe gave me a blank stare as he blinked. Silence speaks a thousand words. His silence was deafening.

Gabe took a step towards me as I knitted my brows and creased my forehead. I'm not the one to run away with their tail between their legs.

"Yes, I'm jealous of Conner, but it doesn't change my feelings. When you kissed me, it shocked me. I wasn't expecting to have feelings for you. How do you stop emotions from erupting? You don't, and I don't want to stop it. You're the first person who sees me for me. We know everything about each other," Gabe said.

"Then prove it," I demanded. If Gabe wants me, he needs to prove it. Words mean nothing to me.

"Fine," Gabe said as I stood there. He grabbed my face and crashed his lips into mine. My arms dropped as I moved my hands to his waist. Our lips moved in sync with each other. Electricity moved through my body as we kissed.

As we stood there, mom and dad pulled into the driveway. They got out of the car to see Gabe and me in a lip lock in the front yard. They stopped as they glanced at each other and smiled. I didn't care who saw us. I refuse to hide who I am or my feelings.

Deacon strolled by us and said, "Get a room."

We broke from our kiss. I looked at Gabe. "Give me a minute."

Gabe arched an eyebrow. I pulled away and chased after Deacon. I got him pinned and started to beat the hell out of him. Dad rushed over and broke it up. He yanked me off of Deacon. Mom walked over and helped Deacon to his feet, then smacked him upside the back of the head.

Elias and Tori came to the door to find out what the commotion is. Deacon and I argued as mom and dad separated us. Gabe stood there with a goofy-looking grin. Leave it to Deacon to interrupt my moment. Dick.

********
Tori

Elias and I stepped out on the porch. Everyone stopped and looked at us.

"Uh, son, what have you been doing?" Matt asked, gesturing at us.

"Nothing, why?" Elias asked.

Matt gave us a look until we noticed our clothes and my hair was a mess. My eyes widened as I ran back into the house. I entered Elias's room and saw my reflection. Shit! I yanked my hair tied out and grabbed a brush. I fixed my hair and put it back into a ponytail.