Dealing with the fallout

Deacon

I chased Gia down as she ran. I finally reached her and stopped her. She stopped. "How could I be so blind? I knew there were problems," Gia cried.

"Yeah, but I don't think it had anything to do with you," I reasoned.

"What?" Gia sniffled and wiped her eyes.

"Sometimes, a person develops feelings for someone and don't know how to handle it. The person doesn't want to hurt the person they're with and bury their feelings. We all do it," I explained.

"I feel like a big fool," Gia said with her voice cracking.

"You're not a fool. The truth isn't pretty, and we get hurt," I reasoned.

"I don't know." Gia shook her head while sniffling.

"Why don't I take you home?" I offered.

"Okay," Gia sniveled. We walked to my car so that I could take Gia home. I know catching my brother in a lip lock with her boyfriend sucks, but it works in my favor. Thank you, Nate.

*******
Matt

"What the hell is Deacon doing?" Kayden huffed.

We saw Deacon get into his car with Gia.

"It looks like he's leaving our sorry asses behind," Oliver mentioned.

"Deacon, you're a dick!" Jayden yelled.

Deacon stuck his hand out of the window, waved then flipped off Jayden. My boy has no shame.

"This carnival got more interesting," Markus mentioned.

I rolled my eyes as I walked over to Elias and Nate. "Please tell me you did not put the moves on, Gabe," I said.

Nate gave me an annoyed look. "No, dad. Gabe kissed me." Nate said.

"Why?" I asked, looking at Nate.

"Yeah, I'm out," Elias said, raising his hands and walking away.

"Chicken shit!" Nate yelled.

"Nope, I'm smart. Good luck with dad!" Elias yelled back.

Nate rolled his eyes as I crossed my arms. "Son, what happened tonight is bad on so many levels."

"You don't think I know that? Gabe got jealous because I was hanging out with Conner, then planted a kiss on me. So why am I the asshole in this mess?" Nate asked.

"Because it happens when you do the right thing. I know because it happened to me," I reasoned.

"What?" Nate looked at me with confusion.

"In college, I met your mom. I didn't know Mason had a thing for her. I left hoping to keep Mason from getting hurt, but it didn't matter. Your mom didn't love him. She suffered because of it."

Nate sighed.

"Give Gabe some time, then talk to him. Find out where you stand, then you can figure it out from there," I advised.

"What about Gia? She didn't deserve what happened?" Nate asked.

"No, but Deacon has that covered," I answered.

Nate's brows raised in surprise. Yeah, my boys have no shame.

********
Tori

Gabe and I got home, then went upstairs. I kicked off my shoes and sat down on my bed. He joined me.

"I screwed things up, didn't I?" Gabe asked me, glancing at me.

"Why weren't you honest with Gia? She would have understood," I replied.