Babysitter

Tori

I went home after we got back from school. I walked into the house to see Mom waiting for me.

"You got suspended the first day?" Mom questioned.

"In my defense, Bradley started it," I said.

"Tori, it's the first day." Mom gave me a look that all kids get from their parents.

"Should I let Bradley mistreat me?" I gave mom a look.

"No, but getting suspended on the first day doesn't work. Since you can't control yourself, I got you a babysitter."

I did a double-take. What the hell?

"Elias suggested you go to work with him," Mom added.

My eyes widened, and my mouth slacked.

"You'll stay out of trouble, and it won't be a vacation for you," Mom smirked.

Oh, why? Bradley starts his bullshit, and I get punished. I groaned and went to my bedroom. I grabbed some clothes and a towel, then went to the bathroom to shower. Since I didn't get a chance at school, I took one now.

I stood in the shower, thinking about today. It burns me that Bradley pulled his shit. I should have seen it coming when he asked me out. What was I thinking?

I washed up, then turned off the shower. I dried off and dressed. You never know when someone will show up out of the blue. I came out of the bathroom, carrying my towel, then flung it on my bed. Except it didn't hit my bed but someone sitting on my bed. I jumped to see Elias sitting on my bed.

"What are you doing?" I huffed, trying to catch my breath.

"Getting a wet towel flung on me," Elias said, pulling off the towel. He tossed it on a chair.

I shook my head and walked over to my dresser. I grabbed a brush and brushed my hair, untangling it.

"Do you make it a habit to hang out in a girl's room?" I asked. I don't know why I'm feeling annoyed.

"Do you make it a habit to become Rocky Balboa?" Elias asked with a look.

I stopped brushing my hair and pointed my brush at Elias. "No, but Bradley had it coming."

"I agree, but you couldn't wait until the second day."

I sighed, tossing my brush onto the dresser. I walked over and sat down on the bed, curling one leg underneath me. "Bradley made me so angry. I feel like a loser."

Elias looked at me. "Why?"

"I watched guys ask girls out at school. No guy took an interest, so when Bradley asked me out, I accepted. I thought he changed. Then he reminded me how lucky I was."

"So you settled," Elias mentioned.

I looked at Elias and nodded.

"Tori, you don't have to go out with the first guy that asks you. Some guys take a little longer to see a girl's potential."

"No guy saw my potential," I countered.

"Are you sure about that?"

Elias and I looked at each other.

"Who wants to date a tomboy?" I questioned, tilting my head.

"You'd be amazed," he answered.

I shook my head. It didn't matter. A guy sees me as one of the guys or as a little sister.

"So tomorrow you're hanging with me," Elias mentioned.

"Yep," I replied.

"Good, I'll keep you busy and teach you a few things," Elias smirked.