Planning and hustling

Tori

The hospital had released Gabe, making him couch-bound. It's a good thing we have a bathroom on the first floor, or his leg would screw him. DTE restored our power, which meant back to school. Booo!

At school, Deacon and I approached the psycho twins about the restaurant idea. They were less than enthusiastic.

"Say what?" Kayden asked.

"You want us to help your brother operate a restaurant. Are you on crack?" Jayden questioned.

I told you they weren't enthusiastic.

"You're both studying business in college. You created a business plan that local businesses use. What's the problem?" Deacon asked.

"The overhead. No restaurant makes a profit the first year. You have employees, utilities, rent, supplies, and vendors. What do you plan to pay them?" Kayden questioned.

"Elias and Owen will remodel the building while your dad secures the location," Deacon answered.

"What about green? Everything costs money," Jayden mentioned, moving his thumb and fingers together.

"Leave that to us," I replied.

Kayden and Jayden glanced at each other. "Oliver," they said.

We turned to see Oliver at his locker. I need to explain a key detail about dear Oliver. He makes money in a somewhat illegal way. Yeah, we haven't told our parents.

I strolled over to Oliver as the others followed me. I tapped him on the shoulder as he glanced at me.

"We need your help securing financial help," I proffered.

"In what way?" Oliver asked.

"A way we won't go to jail," I replied.

Oliver gave me a strange look.

"Tori means if you don't help us, we'll tell your dad you're a bookie," Deacon threatened.

Oliver glared at Deacon.

"How does one commit illegal acts and not get caught?" Kayden asked, holding his arms.

"Son, you need Jesus," Jayden added, pointing at Oliver.

"Have you met my mom's side of the family? You don't scare me with threats. My grandparents own casinos," Oliver told us.

"You rig the machines," Deacon reminded him.

"The house wins." Oliver shrugged.

"I'm sure your dad will enjoy learning you take after your mom's side," Kayden smirked.

"Who cares? I'm studying to become a minister. I can repent for my sins," Oliver retorted.

"Sure. Who doesn't want a gambling minister to help them? You with the gambling addiction. Let me help you. Here's five to one for your odds," Jayden commented.

Oliver didn't seem impressed with the psycho twins. He seemed more annoyed than anything.

"Fine. I'll get you the money," Oliver agreed.

It didn't take long for Oliver to agree to help us. I wonder what's up with him?

******
Oliver

After shooing off my dipshit cousins and Tori, I focused on my classes. I also collected money from classmates who lost their bets. People are dumb with betting on high school sports.

After school, I visited grandpa JJ. Okay, scratch that. I went to see Uncle Liam. Grandpa would tell my mom, then she would mention it to dad. Dad didn't want Owen or me involved with the family business. Yeah, my dad needs a clue.