Prologue. Chapter 4. Conclusions. (pt.2)

(Play the soundtrack while reading the next episode)

Megatron and Ultra Magnus sat down opposite Rung, who, after checking something on the computer, put both servos on the table and again politely turned to the silver transformer:

"So, Megatron, you are, as I understand it, our sudden addition to the Lost Light team. Co-captain. How do you feel about it?"

"I asked for it." He simply answered with a shrug. Don't give him cause for suspicion. It feels like that even with such empty optics, this bot sees right through me.

"You did? So this is not an order from Optimus Prime."

"At first, Prime was against it," Megatron stared at his joined digits, "but I kept asking... After all, this is a chance to stop the war..." He sighed heavily: "Then Prime set me a condition..." Megatron's voice broke.

"That speech calling for the Decepticons to lay down their arms?" the psychiatrist clarified.

"That speech calling for the Decepticons to lay down their arms," Megatron confirmed, not even thinking how Rung might know this

"That speech calling for the Decepticons to lay down their arms," Megatron confirmed, not even thinking how Rung might know this. Everyone does... But the fighting didn't stop. Megatron heard the guards in the prison chatting, saying that the Decepticons didn't believe that this was their leader's voice, they decided this was an Autobot trick, or even a betrayal by the 'leader of this Unicron gang of tincans.' This is who we are to them.

'You did as instructed.'

And if I knew where everything would lead, I wouldn't agree. I'm not an idiot to wants to die simply because of 'wishing' it. Of course not. But what is one life against a thousand or a hundred of thousands? And yes, I am scared... and now I am also ashamed, embarrassed by this whole Unicron situation. I was a quiet mech, beaten for having my own opinion, then I stopped tolerating and began to respond with aggression to provocations, and that's where I ended up...

"Ultra Magnus, if don't mind, now I would like to speak with Megatron in private," the white-orange bot suddenly suggested, from which the silver mech flinched, abruptly returning to reality. In private?

"Of course, Rung," the blue-white mech stood up immediately, "let me know when you're done."

"Certainly," promised the psychiatrist, "for now you can take your time."

The Cybertron army commander nodded and left the office. Minimus, don't leave me with him, Megatron thought, and immediately reproached himself for the sudden fear. What a shame, I'm frightened by some civilian... Well, haven't called Magnus on my private comm yet, that would be a shame.

As soon as the door closed behind the large Autobot, Megatron suppressed a shudder with difficulty. He couldn't understand why he was frightened. This Rung won't eat him after all... although, who knows. There is something elusive in him that could be described as 'not as harmless as seems at first glance', although maybe this is again a personal perception. Megatron was uncomfortable with the idea that someone would try to pry into his head, bringing to the surface some old emotions, somehow interpreting them in their own way. Well, we are alone, now what?