Part 1. Chapter 4. Time to go.

(Play the soundtrack while reading the next episode)

The mine was about to collapse. Everything around was falling apart, cracks snaked along the walls, dust and small stones flew from above, sometimes had to dodge larger rocks. Megatron ran as fast as he could, trying to think only about getting out, about what was waiting ahead... and not about what was left deep underground. About... the one who was left there.

Terminus ordered him to leave

Terminus ordered him to leave. To run without looking back, and just try to help other miners whom Megatron might meet along the way. Terminus... He stayed there. Badly injured and unable to move. If Megatron tried to drag him along, they would both die...

"You must go, Megatron. Save yourself while you still can!

"I won't leave you here!"

"Megs!" weakening servos grabbed his right forearm, the flickering optics began to fade. "For both of our sake... Save yourself. You are our hope, you must survive." He ex-vented heavily and touched his frozen in a daze companion's left cheek with trembling digits. "Run. Save everyone you can... The final tribute to me..."

Megatron slowly stood up, still watching with empty optics at the legless miner lying in front of him, life in whose frame was gradually fading away

Megatron slowly stood up, still watching with empty optics at the legless miner lying in front of him, life in whose frame was gradually fading away. This is the end.

"Go... Promise me that you will get out. Move."

And Megatron ran. He ran as fast as he could at that moment. Working in the mines since their creation, Tarnian miners were well-versed in the tunnels and could remember where which passage leads, only once walking along it. There were three exits to the surface, and Megatron hoped to get to at least one of them in time. Thoughts about Terminus faded into the background, all Megatron could think about now was to get out alive and as quickly as possible.

The first exit was already blocked, the other – located at the highest levels, there was only one left... between them, but he still has to use the mine elevators... On the way, Megatron ran into five fleeing comrades, two more had to be quickly freed from sudden captivity: the right leg of one of them was crushed by a bar, the other almost fell into a nearly formed crack. Megatron was dragging the mech with a damaged leg on himself.