Prologue. Chapter 5. Repentance.

(Play the soundtrack while reading the next episode)

As if in oblivion, Optimus walked slowly along the observation platform, one of those that girdled the Citadel several levels below. The sun had long since disappeared over the horizon, plunging Iacon into the darkness of the night... driven away by thousands and even millions of city lights.

Shame ... The Autobot leader felt as if a beacon flashed over him so that everyone could understand what he had just done. Megatron... Optimus waited so long for this moment, emotions that they both suppressed for such a long time... The red and blue mech hoped that the former nemesis, who had revised his views on life, will now be ready to accept him... But he was so cruelly wrong.

"Go away, I beg you..."

"Megatron, please..."

"Leave..."

And there was nothing to do but to leave the new Matrix bearer's quarters, leaving behind only a feeling of fear

And there was nothing to do but to leave the new Matrix bearer's quarters, leaving behind only a feeling of fear... Optimus hadn't seen the Decepticon leader in such a state for a long time. For a very, very long time. Even at the trial... Megatron was scared even then, but this...

"Old Tarnian traditions: only with the sparkmate."

Optimus knew about this, Megatron told him about the culture of his people even before the war, and even still being Captain Orion Pax, he hoped that when the Senate corrected the classification error... Shockwave promised... He and Megatron would be together...

"Forgive me..." Optimus whispered, barely audible. He stopped at the edge of the platform and leaned against the railing. He wanted so much to turn around to the Citadel... The Prime realized where he was, knew that the windows of Megatron's quarters overlook the same side, and if the Decepticon suddenly looked out, and the Prime turned around, they would see each other, and then Megatron would disappear from sight again. From this thought alone, it seemed to Optimus that all the energon circulating through his lines had suddenly been replaced by refrigerant, frame seemed heavy, pedes seemed to be rooted to the floor, servos didn't obey, dull gaze drilled the railing, the ruler of Cybertron barely held back the washer. "Forgive me, I shouldn't have..." He heavily ex-vented and repeated resignedly: "I shouldn't have."

"Optimus?" He heard the familiar always polite voice of a white-orange psychotherapist behind him. Quickly putting on an imperturbable look, the Prime turned around and saw the short, relatively fragile civilian in the same large pale blue glasses. Rung held an unfinished cube of mid-grade energon in his right servo. "What a surprise. It seems that I'mnot the only one who decided to take a stroll."

"The night is quiet today," the Prime responded in a neutral voice, "I couldn't sit in my quarters."

"Yes, the night is good y." Rung approached him, with the left servo he took out another full cube of energon from the subspace and handed it to the leader of the Autobots: "You look upset, you need it."