Prologue. Chapter 10. Wind of freedom. (pt.2)

(Play the soundtrack while reading the next episode)

Prowl escorted them to a hangar adjacent to the main building, where large metal doors, currently closed, were clearly visible in one of the walls. According to Starscream, there is an acceleration tunnel behind them, through which they will fly out. Megatron nodded decisively, although he still hadn't figured out what to do: be an 'obedient' prisoner and return when the time runs out, or deliberately provoke the Autobots to attack him. The main thing is to take off, and then according to the circumstances.

Starscream and Megatron took up position in front of the gate, that began to clang to the sides under the low warning sirens sounds, while large green numbers counted down to zero above the drop-down passage on the scoreboard.

"How about a running start?" suggested the seeker on the right.

"Okay," Megatron agreed, looking straight ahead.

The countdown continues. A few more seconds... Five... four... three... two... one...

"Go!" Starscream shouted, both of them jumped off and started running down the tunnel that opened in front of them

After the first few steps Megatron sent a signal from his CPU, the T-cog began to rotate, triggering the transformation process. Megatron jumped, turning on the turbines, at the same time his frame segments began to rearrange, and in less than a second he was already flying in the form of a long-winged silver fighter jet, and next to him at the same speed the red-white-blue jet of a slightly different design cut through the air...

They burst out of the launch tunnel almost simultaneously and immediately headed in different directions. Then each made a sharp turn, and the jets' trajectories have already crossed. The sun is bright, there is almost no wind, no clouds. Starscream was right: the perfect weather for a flight. Frontal air resistance, this tickling pleasant feeling created by the movements of currents above and below the wings, joyful excitement... Megatron missed these sensations...

 Megatron missed these sensations