Part 1. Chapter 21. The treat is near (pt.2)

(Play the soundtrack while reading the next episode)

Coming out of the washracks, Megatron was relieved to see that his comrade was still recharging, although had changed his position: now he was simply lying on the left side with his paws and tail outstretched, and not curled up as before. But still offline. Good, so he didn't notice the power failure. Though others probably did. And what difference does it make... what does it have to do with me right away. It was an accident.

There was still an hour and a half before the shift, Megatron carefully crept up to his berth and was just about to sit down, when suddenly

"You're going to burn down the entire ship's power supply system this way," the cybercat's reproachful voice made him shudder. Turning around, the silver mech saw that Ravage had already taken a sitting position and was looking directly at him.

"I don't understand you," Megatron sat down on the berth and lowered his gaze to the floor.

"Yes, you do." Through the edge of his optics, the leader of the Decepticons caught movement of his comrade. "Megatron," Ravage gently appeared at his pedes in two leaps, "I am your friend. You can trust me."

My only friend on this forsaken ship, the silver transformer wanted to correct, but remained silent. Ravage wants to know what's going on with me, but I can't... can't tell him what I don't understand myself. I betrayed him and others, and no matter for what good purpose... Everything may be in vain. But he's here with me... wants to help? Or understand? Do I deserve it?

"What's tormenting you?" the cyber cat carefully asked again, sitting down on the floor.

Conscience... fear of imminent death or eternal imprisonment - what punishment will the Knights or the Council choose... being among enemies... helplessness... strange recent events... the unknown...

"All at once, I guess..." he muttered and smiled bitterly. Ravage tensed and pulled away slightly. "So what happened on the ship while I was... well... out, so to speak?" Megatron wanted to take the conversation in a different direction before the companion began to unravel him into revelations. "You said you heard them talking about me."

"Not everything, unfortunately... They had some other discussions too. Well, the medics and Ultra Magnus. They entered the meeting room and turned on the soundproofing." And then he showed his open front paws: "Not specifically because of me, I know how to conduct covert surveillance."