Part 1. Chapter 10. Reunion (pt.1).

(Play the soundtrack while reading the next chapter)

Rodimus slowly got up to his pedes while Drift was still sitting next to the recovering Megatron. Eight tall big bots, heavily armed, faces hidden behind masks and visors, purple Decepticon signs on their armor. They slowly surrounded the three mechs on the ground, gradually squeezing the ring around them. Weapons not yet charged, but their frames' language and EM field of each of them spoke openly of clearly hostile intentions.

"And that's all?" grinned the mech with heavy tank tracks on his lower limbs and triple-barreled plasma cannons on both forearms. "We thought it would be harder." He was a little smaller than Megatron, but had more massive armor.

"Guys, what are you talking about?" Rodimus asked. Hands open wide at head level, but at any moment the red-and-yellow Autobot was ready to fire the built-in flamethrowers on his own forearms. "We're just taking a stroll!" The first captain only tried to distract strangers with his behavior, to somehow play for time. The team's already on their way to help. "We are ordinary tourists, nothing... unusual." Something slipped behind the heavily armed Decepticon. Rodimus struggled to keep his optics in contact.

The big mech with tank tracks on his legs grinned wickedly in response and aimed both guns at him, others did the same

The big mech with tank tracks on his legs grinned wickedly in response and aimed both guns at him, others did the same. These guys were definitely not going to negotiate.

"Now you are all scrap metal." He declared under the buzzing sound of charges forming in the muzzles. Realizing what was about to happen, Megatron closed his optics and then...

"TEN!!!" suddenly roared the Legislator's familiar voice, followed by a loud clang interspersed with swearing and gunfire. But as soon as the silver mech opened his optics again, a thick fog was already swirling around, it was completely unclear where the fog came from. Megatron didn't even have time to analyze anything, as a small narrow hissing cylinder landed next to him, releasing new clouds of impenetrable gray smoke. Someone grabbed Megatron's arm, and first of all, only by the voice it became clear that it was Drift:

"Get up, Megatron! Quickly!"

The stressful situation did take its toll: chest pain and weakness finally subsided, and the silver mech jumped to his pedes more on his own than thanks to the former ally's help, and the second Autobot speeder's red-and-yellow frame immediately crashed into him with a scream. And as soon as Rodimus turned around, the fright on his face immediately disappeared:

"Oh, it's you..."

The sounds of battle were heard around, familiar voices reached the audials... Megatron suddenly thought that the opponents were fighting among each other in this impenetrable darkness, but, having switched the systems to detection mode, the Decepticon discerned the familiar silhouettes as well.