Part 1. Chapter 13. The beacon (pt.1).

(Play the soundtrack while reading the next episode)

The opened passage was so deep that it was hard to even tell if this 'well' had a bottom, and the tunnel's diameter would allow the entire team to jump in holding hands, and no one would feel constrained. Lighting in the underground grotto was noticeably increased from the green symbols still burning on the vaults and the lights moving along the round wide metal tunnel. They ran down in circles, changing colors from white to green and back.

The whole group cautiously approached the edge holding a distance of several meters

The whole group cautiously approached the edge holding a distance of several meters. Megatron couldn't believe what exactly he had done now and how. He led them to a cave much further from the supposed searching place, found a switch hidden in the wall, pressing which... this happened. I don't understand anything, he put the left servo to his forehelm in confusion, the whole body trembled with fear. What the... what does this all mean...

"Can anyone tell how deep it is?" Drift asked uncertainly. "There is some interference on my scanner."

"Same here," Cyclonus supported with doubt in his voice.

"Mine's malfunctioning too..." gloomily added Getaway. He carefully approached a couple of meters from the edge and knelt down on his right knee, carefully peering into the passage, as if fearing that something might jump out from there.

"I think everyone has this problem," Nautica 'reassured' those present. "It looks like an anti-gravity shaft. See those flashing columns of lights? These are sensors for the generation and regulation of the gravitational field. It's like an elevator, but without a platform. The mechanism Megatron activated set the system to descend."

"How do you know that?" Tailgate reset his visor questioningly

"Logically, there should be a similar switch at the bottom of this shaft," Perceptor answered for the femme. Nautica barely opened her mouth, nodding in agreement, glad that the second scientist had picked up on her thought. "Look at the rings of lights, they are 'running' down, I dare to assume that this is the direction." He picked up a small cobble from the ground and threw it straight into the deepening metal tunnel. Flying a small arc, a piece of rock slowed down the fall and continued to move down more smoothly, not in free fall.