A Winter Story Part 22

Valene was shocked to death that Nancy was waiting for her in the dark living room that night. Normally Nancy would have slept, especially after she'd gotten better with Andrew.

"You shocked me!" Valene protested, stroking her chest.

"Come here first, I want to talk."

Valene sat on the sofa next to Nancy. Valene suddenly felt uncomfortable with Nancy's piercing stare.

"What?" Valene asked uncomfortably.

"You and Kyungju are already dating?"

"What? How do you know?" asked Valene panicked.

"You think we've only been friends in a matter of months? How long have you been and how far have you been?"

"I... it's only been a few days! And about how far..." Valene said in a hushed voice.

"Yes? How far?"

"It's not like what you think!" Valene protested, throwing a pillow in Nancy's face.

Nancy who was hit by a pillow just laughed.

"But by the way I met Yoonsung, that's why I didn't go home and instead came back to Kyungju's apartment," Valene explained.

"Why, why?"

Valene slowly told Nancy what Yoonsung had said. Nancy listened very seriously as she nodded.

"Want to hear my opinion?"

Valene nodded quickly.

"Don't you think... Yoonsung is a little weird."

"What's strange? Nope. I think he's fine."

"Is it just my feeling... but what does he mean by tell you that Kyungju lied to you? Does he want to make you guys fight?"

"I don't think Yoonsung is that bad," said Valene, "the proof is that he wanted to help us yesterday, right?"

"Of course. But do you have the right answer why he told you about Kyungju?"

"I don't know either... but I just feel like he can't be a bad person..."

"Valene, you are too naive. The people of this world are not divided into two groups: good people and bad people, as in stories and dramas."

"Yeah... it's just that I want to believe Yoonsung," Valene replied and then bit her lower lip and continued, "maybe because he's an orphan since he was quite young... so you think he's a little strange?"

"Can be. But... remember, you have to be careful."

"Very well, madam! Besides, we're only here for a few days more."

"Are you sure you want to go home?"

Valene bit her lower lip again. Nancy is right... she doesn't feel like going home anymore, because her "home" is right here: Song Kyungju.

***

Armed with a message of encouragement and a brief voice call this morning, Kyungju left for the promotion venue excitedly. According to Valene's suggestion, Kyungju is better off promoting his cellphone in an open area surrounded by simple restaurants and shops.

"It's not that those who like to look simple have no money, maybe they are just lazy to go to the mall and visit your crowded shop," said Valene, "and with the price of your cellphone in the middle class, by only showing the capabilities of the cellphone camera. This one can even take great photos in the open area and without the lighting set, I think they'll like it."

It was based on that suggestion that Kyungju made his promotion today.

"Annyeonghaseyo, want to see a good cellphone and try to take a photo with it?"

Kyungju just approached a group of 4 high school girls who were immediately stunned by Kyungju's good looks.

"We want to try taking photos... but with oppa!" exclaimed one of them.

"Sure, why not?"

Not bad at all, says Kyungju, showing off his cute smile when the girls take photos with the cell phones. Immediately they admired by the portrait of the cellphone, and their eyes widened to hear the special price of the cellphone for today only. One of them ran to the nearest ATM, while the other one called his father begging for a new cell phone. After selling 3 units, Kyungju more excitedly approached the other groups of people. Kyungju looks around him, the employees he brings with him are also eager to offer passersby to sell the cellphone. Looks like we'll make it, Kyungju sure.

Towards 5 pm, Kyungju was drinking with a group of ahjumma and ahjussi who had already bought 4 units of Kyungju's cell phones, when one of Kyungju's youngest and eager male employee approached him.

"Kyungju-ssi, I think we've sold 52 units in total!"

"Is it true? That sounds good. Is there any news from Yoonsung's team?"

"Looks like they are still four or five units behind us."

"We still have about 10 minutes, don't be careless!"

"Calm down, I think our friend will release at least 2 more units," reported the man.

"I'll help. Ahjussi, ahjumma, thank you again for buying our cell phone."

"Are you going to be the CEO of Sineo later, young man?" asked the ahjumma who drank the most of them.

Kyungju scratches his head that doesn't itch.

"I hope so, ahjumma."

"Success for you, son. I think Sineo will progress if they have a CEO who is creative and passionate like you."

"And handsome," added the ahjussi beside her to their nod at the round table.

"Hahahahaha ahjumma and ahjussi really love to throw a joke!"

"Do you have a girlfriend? How about I introduce my granddaughter to you?"

"Hahaha sorry ahjussi, I already have a girlfriend!"

"Of course he already has a girlfriend, you idiot! With such qualities, how could he still be alone," scolded the ahjumma whose voice was the loudest.

"Thank you everyone again! I got to go!"

Kyungju bows twice before following the employee. Just then, Kyungju's cell phone vibrates. Kyungju's face shines brightly: Valene called him.

"Noona! Where are you now? Have you finished shopping for souvenirs?" asked Kyungju long.

"It's finished and I just go from the apartment to see you!"

"52 units have been sold!"

"That's a great result! Wait for me there!"

Kyungju smiled happily. When 6 o'clock sharp, Kyungju and the employees count their sales of 54 units that day.

"Okay, I guess you all can go home now," said Kyungju.

"But don't we have to go to the office to report the sales results?"

"No, let me do that. You guys worked hard today," Kyungju decided.

"Alright then."

One by one, Kyungju employees said goodbye to him. Now he chose to sit on a bench in the city park, waiting for his favorite girl to arrive. He has prepared hot chocolate which is Valene's favorite.

"I'll just go to the office with Valene later, as well as introduce her to Haraboji," he said to himself.

And with a smile, Kyungju waits and continues to wait...

***