A Winter Story Part 18

Valene walked in confusion around the bar.

"I'm pretty sure I turned left... but where is this?"

Valene walked into a place that was full of closed small rooms, like karaoke places. Valene bit her lower lip and finally remembered that it was better for her to call Yoonsung than to get lost like this. Just as Valene was about to take her cellphone from her bag, suddenly someone pulled her arm to enter a room beside her. Quickly, Valene was thrown onto the sofa there.

"KYAAAH!" screamed Valene.

As soon as she opened her eyes, in front of her were about 4 young men. Their faces were rosy and the table in front of Valene was filled with glasses and bottles.

"What took you so long?"

"Wh... what? I don't know you guys," Valene replied in a squeaky voice.

"Want to play a scenario to be an innocent girl?"

One of the men had already jumped on the sofa and locked Valene under him. Valene's eyes widened in surprise.

"Now I just know why your price is expensive. You're pretty and sexy too."

Valene used her scarf to cover her cleavage as the man looked at her chest.

"I think you mistaken me as wrong person," Valene snapped, trying to steady her trembling voice.

"Never mind. We can pay you more."

"I guess you're nervous because you're still a virgin right?" asked one of the men after sipping a beer.

"Try calling the bar if you don't believe it!" challenge Valene.

"You are really attractive."

The man who locked Valene had started kissing her face. Valene screamed loudly and poked the man's penis with her knee.

"FUCK!"

The man rolled to the floor and Valene took this opportunity to run towards the door while one of her hands pressed the number 9 on her cellphone, which immediately went to Yoonsung's cell phone number. But the telephone line was cut off even before there was a single waiting tone. Valene glanced at the signal on her cellphone, and it seemed that the closed room had turned the signal off. Valene tried to open the door, but it was locked. In vain, Valene tries to break down the door but her arm hurts.

"You can't get out," said one of the men, showing off the key he was holding.

Valene pressed her back against the door, trying to hold back her tears. This room is soundproof and Yoonsung is very far away, how could anyone save her? A man snatches the cell phone from Valene's hand and throws it across the room.

"Wrong place or not, you appeared at the wrong time and place," he said with a sly laugh.

"And you are ours. Come on, shall I start?"

Valene pounded on the door desperately making her fists ache and she kept screaming.

"YOONSUNG! YOONSUNG HELP ME!"

"Who is Yoonsung? The other masher who booked you tonight? But you are ours."

The man who had just spoken grabbed Valene by the waist and threw her to the floor, making her head hit the floor quite hard. Valene immediately felt dizzy, but she didn't want to lose. She must not give herself up to them. Valene shook her head, no, only the people she loved could touch her. And suddenly Kyungju's figure appeared in her mind. Kyungju... his round eyes... his deep dimples... his deep voice... can't she defend herself for Kyungju? Where is Kyungju when she needs him the most? Valene struggled while screaming loudly when one of the men started tearing her dress. Help me... Kyungju... Yoonsung... help me... Valene thought desperately. And immediately, the door was smashed very hard and made the door bounce. There was Yoonsung, his face covered in sweat and he looked angry when he recognized Valene's figure on the floor.

"Shit! YOU DARE TO TOUCH HER?"

With one definite jump, Yoonsung attacks the man who is kissing Valene, sending the two of them now tumbling. Valene could only stare in shock at the scene before her: Yoonsung attacked the man with a power and hatred she never expected.

"KYAAAAAAAAH!!!"

Valene screamed again when the other men got into the fight. What should I do... we are outnumbered... Valene thought as she looked here and there. And the next man lunged a few minutes later. Valene saw Yoonsung tumbling on the floor, the corners of his lips is bleeding.

"YOONSUNG!"

The man Valene kicked his genitals before has joined forces to finish off Yoonsung. Without realizing what she was doing, Valene grabbed the bottle on the table and slammed the bottle against the man's head and knocked him down instantly. Valene was still staring at her handiwork in amazement as she dropped the bottle on the floor, the shards and contents of the liquid scattered everywhere. She can help Yoonsung!

"NOONA, RUN!" Yoonsung shouted from down there.

Valene is running to get the next bottle.

"I WILL NOT LEAVE YOU!"

"ASK FOR HELP! NOW!"

Valene rolled her eyes, understood what Yoonsung meant. Valene ran out of the room and screamed as loud as she could.

"SOMEONE IS FIGHTING! HELP US! PLEASE!" screamed Valene.

In an instant, a security guard and several men ran into the room behind Valene. Valene clasped her hands together and hoped that Yoonsung would be helped. After the crowd was dispersed, a man carried Yoonsung. Valene gasps: Yoonsung seems to be badly injured. There were many bruises on his handsome face, at the corners of his lips there was still fresh blood flowing, his clothes looked torn in several places. After saying thanks to those who helped him, Yoonsung stumbled towards Valene who immediately supported him, helping him who almost fell.

"Yoonsung... you're injured..." said Valene in a trembling voice.

Yoonsung leaned against the wall facing Valene and then took off the black scarf Valene was wearing. Yoonsung widened the scarf in such a way as to cover Valene's dress which was torn in parts. Valene just realized she looked really messy and she was embarrassed.

"Noona, are you okay?"

"I'm fine... but Yoonsung..."

Valene touched the corner of Yoonsung's lips and he grimaced.

"I am alright."

"What do you mean, it's okay? Look at you who injured so much because of me..." Valene said, her eyes starting to tear up.

"Just a little treatment and I will recover immediately. But noona... they haven't... right?"

Valene knows what Yoonsung means "they haven't touched you right?" And Valene remembered how terrified she had been. If Yoonsung was just a little late... or if no one knew she was inside... Yoonsung pulled Valene into his arms. But all of that has passed. She's safe now.

"Noona will be safe, as long as I'm beside noona."

Valene gasps when Kyungju's voice resides in her head, but she realizes that her sense of being safe now returns. A sense of being safe which makes her very comfortable.

"Still strong, noona? We have to give a statement to the police. I won't let them off the hook."

A glimpse of a look of terrible hatred crossed Yoonsung's eyes which terrified Valene. But Valene thought she was just imagining that look. Valene wiped her tears and nodded.

"I promise it won't be long."

Valene nodded and obeyed when Yoonsung, who was stumbling, took her hand and walked away from the place.

***