A Winter Story Part 24

Kyungju jumps into the car and starts driving. With his left hand, he pressed the number one button on the small screen on the dashboard of his car.

"Secretary Kim," the screen spoke and immediately made a call.

Kyungju starts driving at an erratic speed, and on the second ring the phone call is picked up.

"Secretary Kim, I don't know what happened to Yoonsung. He's holding Valene hostage and he wants my data. I will send their positions to you, please bring some police, but come in secret," said Kyungju long," the most important thing is the safety of Valene and Yoonsung doesn't hurt. I'm heading there right now. I only have two hours. So please... hurry up."

Kyungju ended the call. His brain still refuses to imagine Valene being held hostage by Yoonsung. Why does it have to be Yoonsung? What if Yoonsung had the heart to hurt Valene? He had always known Yoonsung was very ambitious in everything... what if his defeat today was the culmination of his frustration? Kyungju knows exactly where to go. He parked his car not far from a high building that had not been used for a long time. Kyungju gets out of the car and stares at the once beautiful but now blackened building. Kyungju can imagine the flames engulfing the beauty of the building, even though he wasn't here to see the events in person. And that night, he looked at his cousin Song Yoonsung, hand in hand with Kyungju's father, in a pathetic state and covered in scuffs. Yoonsung kept on sobbing and refused to speak even to the point where they delivered the corpses of his parents to their final resting place. Kyungju still remembers, in about a year since the arrival of little Yoonsung, he had to continuously go for therapy to overcome the shock he was experiencing. And even though in the end Yoonsung grew up fine, or even he grew into a very handsome and calm figure, Kyungju started to walk slowly, he was not sure he had recognized the real Yoonsung. He was too scared, yet didn't dare think of any possibility. What was on his mind was whether Valene was hurt right now. Kyungju walks into this empty building, steps for a safer path to step on, doesn't dare to make a sound, just lights up the steps and looks around with the light from his cell phone. Where are they: the cousin he loves and the girl he loves located? He couldn't find them.

***

"Isn't it beautiful, noona?"

Valene looked down fearfully. Valene has a slight phobia of heights and the rooftop of this building is apparently quite high. The wind this afternoon was blowing very hard and Valene was not surprised if it was going to snow soon. The evening sun was fighting the force of the clouds that were trying to block the reddish light. What a beautiful sight... if her hands were not tied and Yoonsung continued to grip her arms tightly. Valene turned her head and looked at Yoonsung's face, she wanted to hate him, but she couldn't. There was a look of sadness in Yoonsung's eyes, even though he smiled slyly at the same time.

"Noona doesn't want Kyungju hyong to give me the data, right?"

Valene shook her head, "no. Please Yoonsung, let's stop everything and we'll talk about this carefully. Okay? Please..."

"Then noona must choose me over Kyungju hyong. Be mine and I will give up everything."

Why it should be like this, Valene thought, why should I be involved in all of this? Valene was just thinking about the lovely ending to her love story with Kyungju, but why should she now choose? Would it be better for Kyungju to provide the data, and Valene could return to Kyungju's side with good care, but Kyungju had to give up his hard work? Or should she choose Yoonsung and heal his heartache... who knows Yoonsung can change and she can come back to Kyungju's side after Yoonsung recovers?

"I..."

"The data is here. Let go of Valene noona."

Valene and Yoonsung turned around at the same time: Kyungju just made it to the rooftop. He looked a little gasping and sweat soaked his handsome face. Kyungju holds a folder in his hand up high and both Valene and Yoonsung know, that's today's sales data.