A Winter Story Part 3

The atmosphere on the mass rapid train (MRT) in Seoul is very busy. It's understandably, because Christmas will come in 12 days, so some schools have closed for their students. Korean fashion tastes makes Nancy and Valene in awe; even Valene admits that Koreans won't be interested in seeing her: because she only wears a T-shirt covered in a long, green, furry jacket. While Valene was busy squinting at the enormous MRT map board, Andrew and Nancy were enjoying the scenery around them.

"Are you sure we won't get lost?" asked Andrew doubtfully.

"She thinks she's been learning to read maps since 2 years ago," Nancy replied, shrugging her shoulders.

"You two wait here, I'll buy the tickets," said Valene who disappeared into the crowd.

Because her body is so small, the top of Valene's head quickly disappears, even for Andrew, who is quite tall, has lost track of Valene. But five minutes later Valene returned with 3 cards. There were a few drops of sweat on her face.

"Here, take one each. I'll pay for it, I'll buy the ticket so we don't have to bother buying coins every time we take the MRT."

Andrew and Nancy are relieved that Valene is back. Finally, the two of them follow Valene along their way to Namsan Tower. The trip to Namsan Tower was not as easy as they imagined because they had to half climb there.

"Look! That's Namsan Tower!" cried Valene, pointing to a tower in the distance.

"Wow!" cried Nancy and Andrew at the same time.

Immediately the three of them were busy taking pictures with Namsan Tower as their background (luckily, Valene was ready with her narcissistic stick) and after buying tickets (once again Andrew and Nancy were amazed by Valene's proficiency in Korean language) they boarded the cable car to the top of Mount Namsan. Without waiting, Valene led them to the second floor of the N Plaza, where there is a Roof Terrace.

"Look, here comes the famous Love Padlock Tree!"In front of them, there seemed to be trees growing strangely. 

How could it not, it turned out that where the leaves grew, they all seemed to be a series of locks of various colors and sizes. Not only were trees filled with locks there, even the fences were filled with locks. Everything looks so full.

"The myth is, if you put a lock here and throw the key away, your love will last forever," said Valene, nodding.

"Come on, buy the padlock!" Nancy tells Andrew.

With a little bit of bitterness, Valene watched Nancy and Andrew fix the lock and throw the key in the distance. Secretly, Valene also bought a padlock.

"Who knows... one day I'll put this padlock here with my partner..."

"Valene, come on, where are we going again?" Nancy asked excitedly.

"Okay, let's go to the Teddy Bear Museum!" exclaimed Valene while running toward the two of them.

The atmosphere on the third day of their existence in Korea seemed to please Andrew, because he was the one buying them the expensive foods they ate at Namsan Tower that night. About eight o'clock in the evening, they returned to the cable car to get back down.

"Is this just my feeling or is it suddenly cold?" asked Valene.

"I guess it's a little cold," Nancy replied, her voice trembling a little.

Andrew pulled Nancy closer to him, and in her heart, Valene was envy.

"Ah, snow!" exclaimed Andrew. 

Valene raised her head, and it was true: tiny beads began to fall from the sky. Valene stretched out her hand to catch the grain and a smile formed on her lips. Finally, she saw snow for the first time.