A Winter Story Part 7

Valene refuses to take her cellphone which screams that a Kakao Talk message has come in. She was completely lethargic and her body refused to stay well, she started having a fever, but she didn't tell Nancy or anyone else. She just wanted to be alone in her room. In two days, all her dreams will end soon. And the dream will end badly, unlike when it started so beautiful. But the cellphone still screamed "KAKAO TALK" with seems like half angry tone, it had been ringing about 4 times. Reluctantly, Valene grabbed her cellphone and opened her Kakao Talk. She does not recognize the person in the Kakao Talk avatar of the person who sent her the message, nor does the display name only have the letter "J". It seemed like a man wearing sunglasses, guessed Valene who was too lazy to enlarging the avatar.

Annyeong, Palen!

Annyeong!

Ping!

Annyeonghaseyoooooooo

There is only one person who calls her Palen: Kyungju. Stuttering, Valene opens her eyes wide and finally enlarges the avatar of J, and upon sight, it is Kyungju wearing sunglasses posing on an expensive looking leather sofa.

Kyungju?

With a pounding heart, Valene waited for her message to get replied.

Bingo! But you have to call me oppa.

Valene's eyes widened as big as a golf ball. What letters did she just read? Oppa? What the hell is this guy!

Oppa what?

And the next message reply comes as fast as lightning.

I'm older than you, right? Or am I wrong?

I was born in 90!

Next Kyungju sends out a laughing emoji.

Ah mianhae, noona! I didn't check your passport

I'm older than you?

I was born in 92. By the way, why do you take so long to reply to my messages? Were you sleeping?

Not really...

I've found an apartment for you. What if I pick up noona and your two friends around 4 this afternoon?

Jinjja? How much it costs? Where is the place?

Later noona see by yourself. I'm sure noona will like it. So how is it? Call?

Still half in disbelief, Valene digests one by one the contents of her chat with Kyungju. She even uses Google Translate to determine the meaning of the chat Kyungju sent to her. So all of his problems are settled? Everything has been taken care by Kyungju? Is this some kind of delusion? Or is this a dream? Valene hit her head with her cell phone.

"HURT!!!"

Apparently this is reality. But what if Kyungju tricked her?

Noona?

The only way to prove it is by meeting him.

Call! 4 o'clock then! Annyeong!

Valene waving back at Kyungju then tosses her cellphone and runs into Nancy's room, forgetting that she has a fever.

***

Andrew and Nancy couldn't speak at all and Valene swore she saw both admiration and surprise on Andrew's usually calm expression. Obviously, the arrival of Kyungju who picked them up outside the hotel in his luxury car was the start of their surprise. Relieved, Valene sits next to Kyungju who leads them to a luxury apartment in the Seodaemun-gu district.

"IT IS DEFINITELY EXPENSIVE!" screamed Valene.

"No, trust me."

Kyungju leads them to the 8th floor of the 20-floor apartment. No matter how Kyungju says no, the clean and elegant apartment looks expensive to Valene.

"On floors 8 to 12, ahjumma the apartment owner rents out smaller and cheaper rooms. Take a look, I'm sure noona will like it."

Room number 805 is the apartment which Valene will rent. They opened the apartment room with a card and were surprised by the simple interior but it still had an "expensive" impression in it.

"How much is the rent per day?"

"55,000 Won per day, and noona can get a discount if renting more than 10 days!"

Valene exchanged glances with Nancy and Andrew, of course this price is much cheaper, only 5,000 Won more than the normal price of Nancy and Andrew's room; but here at that price they can get this one spacious room!

"How much it costs?" asked Nancy, who was busy staring at the apartment.

"He said only 55,000 per day!"

"Did you agree? If so, let's go meet ahjumma and pay the first 3 days rent first. When will you guys start moving here? Tomorrow?"

"So how... do you like the place?"

Valene asks Nancy and Andrew, but she's really just waiting for an answer from Andrew. She waited a little anxiously for Andrew's decision. If Andrew says no, then all their efforts are in vain... But Andrew nodded his head and Valene was relieved.

"Yes, tomorrow," Valene replied.

"I already know you will like it! Come on, let's meet ahjumma!"

Valene can only surrender when her arm is pulled by an excited Kyungju.

"Then tomorrow after moving, I'll take you on a tour. You will have a tour guide that you can trust!"

"B... but... why are you bothering to help me like this?" asked Valene, confused.

Kyungju looked at Valene with a look that Valene couldn't describe with words, but thankfully his smile warmed the atmosphere.

"Just doing something nice for a new friend."

But one day, Valene know what's the meaning of that stare.

***