A Winter Story Part 15

"I don't like this idea," complained Valene in a low whisper.

Nancy walked into Valene's room at 6 PM that night, her face looks grim and her eyes puffy.

"But what choice do we have?"

"Andrew doesn't want to talk to you yet?"

"Not at all."

"And Yoonsung agreed with this idea?" Valene asked, biting her lower lip worriedly.

"Yoonsung agrees."

"But don't you think... it seems like angering Andrew isn't a good idea? What if violence in response to violence does not work on him?"

"But he didn't want to start talking to me himself."

Actually, both of them were just too stubborn and had a lot of pride, Valene thought desperately.

"Alright, then tomorrow night?"

"Yes. If by tomorrow he doesn't want to talk to me, let's carry out the plan."

"Okay, I just agree."

"It's New Year's Eve by the way, maybe the first and last time for us in Korea... but why does it feel gloomy huh?"

"I guess so too."

"Why do you look so beautiful? AH! Kyungju asked you to go on date?"

"What date... he just said he wanted to pick me up..." Valene avoided.

"Yes, what is it for picking you up? I guess if you don't come home after 12 in the evening, a new couple will be born!"

"Don't joke, I told you I don't think Kyungju and I are meant to be."

"Hey Valene, have you ever thought your life would be guaranteed if you were with him? He's the grandson of the CEO!"

"I don't want to think too far."

Instantly a bell was pressed.

"Ah, that must be Kyungju!" exclaimed a faltering Valene, jumping out of bed.

"Have fun!"

Valene laughed before running outside.

***

"Is this the famous Han River?"

"Yes, right. And it turns out it's very crowded here. Wait, I'll find a place that's a bit quiet."

Kyungju is still driving his sports car, while Valene sits beside him. Valene was busy admiring the beauty of the river, around her there were many people sitting enjoying the view of the Han River, most of them were couples, while, to Valene's envy, there were many young families with their young children. Like it or not, Valene sometimes thinks about getting married too, because she is 27 this year, not young anymore. Sometimes she was jealous of Nancy who was a year older but get married already.

"It's not bad here."

Kyungju parks his car next to several cars and then nods his head toward the river.

"Noona just go down and wait for me there."

Valene just did what Kyungju said. A moment later, Kyungju arrives with a huge bag. Before Valene had time to ask what was in the bag, Kyungju had already arranged a large blanket on top of the snow in the grass.

"Will we have a picnic?"

"Some kind of it, noona."

Valene sat on the thick blanket and was lucky she didn't feel cold on her ass. Then Kyungju suddenly opens the seemingly large lunch box.