A Winter Story Part 14

Valene's mind raged violently with terrifying scenes. She doesn't even notice that Kyungju has led her to a park with a giant Christmas tree and is sitting on one of the long, fairly dry iron benches. Valene's consciousness starts to return when Kyungju holds Valene's hand on the hot chocolate drink he bought. Valene looks at Kyungju who is already sitting next to her, sipping slowly the same hot chocolate that was in her hand.

"HOT!" curses Kyungju while waving his hands against his very red lips.

Valene snorted, noticing that Kyungju's presence alone made her feel much calmer, as if she hadn't faced this predicament alone.

"How could you were there?"

"I was just on my way to work in my car when I saw Andrew running down the highway and almost got us all in an accident, and the next minute you were running too. I assumed something must have happened, so I stopped my car and caught up with you just in time," replied Kyungju long (Valene frowned trying to digest Kyungju's words), "so, what happened?"

As usual when Kyungju wants Valene to tell him something that needs detail, Valene uses three languages ​​at once which makes her tired again. She hopes there is soju here who can help her.

"I feel stupid proposing the idea to Nancy," complained Valene, "if I knew the result would be like this."

"But if you don't try, how will you know the result?"

Valene looks at Kyungju's face in disbelief. Kyungju takes another sip of chocolate and smiles with his round, shining eyes and dimples visible.

"You support that ridiculous idea?" Valene asked in surprise.

"Of course. The thing is Andrew does look a little insensitive. If I were him, I'd be after Nancy, at least. But when I saw Yoonsung leaving, I was afraid you guys needed a new strategy, or at least, a new scene."

Valene suddenly sheds tears and frightens Kyungju. He put the hot chocolate on the bench and knelt down, clutching Valene's hand, which was still tightly gripping the hot chocolate. Valene continued to sob a little while crying.

"Noona, did I speak wrong? I'm really sorry..."

"No... I... I just feel... afraid... that I would mess things up."

"No, noona. We just need a little more effort, I guess."

"Is it true?" Valene asked, still sobbing.

"Right! Don't cry noona-ya, you make me feel bad."

The passersby started to cast glances at the two of them and the gaze said: "look, that guy made that girl cry" and made Kyungju really feel bad. Kyungju stretched out his hand to wipe Valene's tears with his thumbs. Valene gasped.

"My hands are cold, huh? Sorry noona..."

"It's okay, sorry I suddenly become whiny."

"Noona is like a child."

Valene pouts and that face makes Kyungju chuckle.

"I'll help think of a new scene, okay?" Kyungju promises.

"Do not be like that! Just let me, Nancy and Yoonsung do the work."

"It can't be like that, I already know about it."

"Mmmmm... alright."

"It's New Year's Eve, by the way, want to have a little fun?"

"What we will do?"

Valene's eyes are sparkling with excitement and this makes Kyungju very relieved.

"I'll pick up noona around 7 pm, okay?"

"Okay!"

"And drink the chocolate before it gets cold. I'll take noona home and I still have to stop by the office for a while."

Exchanging happy looks, Valene started drinking her chocolate. And the hot chocolate warmed her body, and it seemed as if her mind was much calmer. As for her feelings and heart, it feels warm too, it's not because of the chocolate, but because of Kyungju's presence. Valene gasped. Did what Nancy said is true? What if she does start to fall in love with Kyungju?

***

Please support: You Are (Not) My Destiny, available in English and Indonesian version

Interact with author on Instagram xzmayfzx

Follow hashtag #youarenotmydestiny in Instagram for updates