A Winter Story Part 12

Annyeong noona

Valene was just touching her cellphone when the Kakao message came in. Since returning from Jeju to this day, Valene hasn't met Kyungju at all, and in her heart there is a longing feeling that she feels embarassing to reveal it. But she knows, Kyungju is too busy for her. He just found out from Yoonsung, that he and Yoonsung were the right hands of their grandfather, who would inherit the company.

Kyungju! Where have you been!

I'm a little busy noona. Actually, I stopped by noona's apartment earlier but noona wasn't home

Valene was deep in thought and patted her forehead as soon as she remembered that she chatted with Yoonsung for quite a while this afternoon.

Oh sorry, I was out for a while

Bogoshipeo (I miss you)

Valene needed to read the sentence twice to be sure what she read wasn't wrong. But it seems unlikely that Kyungju's words should be taken seriously.

Ya! Song Kyungju, stop joking! Why are you suddenly saying this?

Looks like Kyungju took a long time to reply Valene.

HAHAHA (inserted with a laugh emoji) how do you know I'm joking?

Since when have you been serious with me?

Of course I have!

Valene snorted incredulously.

Are you relaxing? Why don't you come over here?

My body doesn't allow me to move.

Why? You are sick?

No, just tired. Let's meet on another day noona.

Okay, then you have to rest right away so you don't get sick.

I will, noona. Annyeong!

Valene was still staring at the phone screen, half pensive and smiling. Nancy patted Valene on the back which made her jump.

"NANCY!"

"What? I called you earlier but didn't answer," cried Nancy as she pointed her head at Valene's cell phone, "Kyungju?"

"Yes ... Kyungju."

Valene hid her cell phone, which she didn't need to, because Nancy didn't understand Korean anyway.

"You like him, don't you?"

"Hah? What?"

"You like Kyungju. He's handsome, and his future is convincing," said Nancy, sitting next to Valene.

"We can only get close because I'm in Korea. Once we return to Indonesia, things will change. We are human beings who live in two different worlds."

"You're not usually this pessimistic. Why are you sure your relationship can change? What era is it, you can have long distance relationship via video call."

"I don't know, I'm not as sure as you are, Nancy."

"He was here earlier, looking for you, when you were... with Yoonsung," Nancy said, the "with Yoonsung" part was spoken very slowly, "and I had to use body language to talk to him when you weren't around."

"Ah yes, he said he was here."

"And his face looked disappointed when he found out you weren't here."

Inevitably, Valene thought about Nancy's words. But Kyungju is never serious, right? It didn't seem possible that his disappointed face was serious too. However, Valene still sticks to her principles: she and Kyungju live in two different worlds.

***