A Winter Story Part 19

Noona, where are you?

Valene looked doubtfully at her cell phone. A day has passed since New Year, but to Valene it felt like a very long day. She missed Kyungju. Looks like Kyungju is so busy today that it's only been this evening that he send message to Valene. Yoonsung moved in his sleep. Valene pulled the blanket over Yoonsung's body.

I'm out with Nancy

Ah too bad even though I really wanted to meet noona. Can't we meet?

Mianhae Kyungju... can't do it now. Looks like we still need long time to spend

Okay then, I'll message noona again tomorrow

And there's the waving emoji that Kyungju used at the end of the message. Valene is eager to see him, but she can't leave Yoonsung alone. Valene accompanied Yoonsung all day at his apartment today. Yoonsung's injuries did not seem to be getting better, and he refused to be taken to the hospital. Valene felt guilty, after all, it was because of her. Yoonsung opened his eyes and Valene sat by his bedside.

"What time is it?" asked Yoonsung, who shielded his eyes from the light with his arm.

"It's 7 pm already. Are you hungry? I've ordered food for us."

"What did you order?"

Valene helped Yoonsung to sit back on his bed.

"I ordered chicken," Valene replied with a smile.

"Chicken? I want!"

"Okay, wait here."

Valene brought a large box filled with lots of chicken pieces and put the box on the table beside Yoonsung's bed. The smell of chicken filled the room and there was still smoke rising from the chicken meat. Yoonsung looked at his chicken with hungry eyes. Valene chuckled at that. Valene reached out her hand to pinch the chicken into small pieces.

"Noona, I'm not a kid," Yoonsung snapped.

"But you better not use your arm at all until you recover."

"Looks like it will take a long time until I recover."

Valene put a piece of chicken in Yoonsung's mouth.

"If I'm still not healed, will noona continue to take care of me?"

Valene chuckled.

"Until I go home of course."

Yoonsung was shocked and forgot completely that Valene couldn't stay beside him.

"Ah, when will noona go home?"

"On the 9th. How is it, I'm starting to like Seoul," Valene complained as she brought the next piece to Yoonsung's mouth.

"Then stay here."

"Until I became poor?" laughed Valene.

Yoonsung laughed with her, "working at Sineo, we still have vacancies for noona."

"Okay, I'll consider it," said Valene, pretending to be deep in thought.

"Hmm... noona can go home after eating. Noona must be tired looking after me all day."

Valene smiled softly, "alright, I'll be home after this."

Though somewhat unwilling, Yoonsung couldn't keep Valene by his side all the time.

***

Valene just bought some of her favorite snacks from the mini market next to her apartment before deciding to return to Yoonsung's apartment the next night. But to her surprise, Kyungju was waiting for her at the door of Yoonsung's apartment. Valene misses Kyungju a lot. Kyungju's face looks red today.