A Winter Story Part 11

It turns out that Nancy and Andrew's fight looks serious. The next day when they were on the plane that was going to take them back to Seoul, the seats that were supposed to be Nancy with Andrew and Valene with Yoonsung; at Nancy's request, it was exchanged, so that the two women sat together and the two men sat together. Yoonsung threw a questioning look at Valene when Valene conveyed Nancy's wishes, but Valene only said the words silently "I'll explain later" to him. Yoonsung could only shrug his shoulders but obeyed Valene's will. Valene didn't say much along the way until they returned to the apartment. She felt very bad about the cold atmosphere this husband and wife created, even though it was their honeymoon.

"Noona?"

Valene blinked. She finds herself sitting alone at the outdoor table where she was eating with Kyungju, with a bottle of soju in front of her. Apparently the one who just called her was Yoonsung. Yoonsung placed himself in front of Valene, rubbing his hands together.

"What are you doing here? Want to be a snowman?" asked Yoonsung.

Yoonsung stretched out his hand to clean the snow from the top of Valene's head. Valene felt very stupid to be found in this condition.

"Don't let yourself have a nosebleed again, noona."

"Yoonsung... I want to ask you a favor."

"What's wrong noona? If I can help, I will definitely help," said Yoonsung, nodding.

Finally, after spending a few days with Yoonsung, the guy started talking in informal Korean with her, and Valene liked that. After hesitating for a moment, Valene looked at the sincere face of the man who was 4 years younger than her, who looked serious. Finally, slowly, Valene shared the plan she had made with Nancy. Yoonsung didn't show any reaction until Valene finished telling him.

"Do you understand?"

"I understand. I don't think it's a problem."

"You want to help?"

Yoonsung nodded, "When will we start? Tomorrow?"

"Wow! Nancy will definitely love it! Wait, I'll call and tell her to come meet us!"

But Yoonsung's hand reached out to hold Valene's arm and looked around.

"It would be too suspicious if she suddenly came here with us. We'll tell her via chat. We are too close to the apartment, who knows Andrew peeked," said Yoonsung.

"Ah, that's right. Okay, I'll tell you as soon as possible."

***

Andrew glanced unhappily at his wife who was busy with her cell phone. Not only busy typing, Nancy also chuckled sometimes. It's been 3 days since their fight in Jeju, they haven't spoken at all. Andrew felt his pride was too high to start talking to his wife.

"What are you doing?"

Nancy was still busy typing something and didn't hear Andrew talking to her.

"NANCY!" exclaimed Andrew.

"What?"

Nancy looked flatly at Andrew and made Andrew a little scared too.

"What are you doing, smiles like that?"

"Oh, I'm just chatting."

"With whom?" asked Andrew as if interrogating.

Rarely did he see his wife busy chatting like that, which she usually only did with Valene. But Valene is watching television in the living room, she doesn't need to chat with Valene. So who is she chat with?

"Friend."

Andrew growled and chose to be silent. Instantly, Nancy went to the toilet and left her cell phone lying on the bed. Still in curiosity, Andrew reached for the pink cell phone, but the screen was locked with a finger print.

"Shit!" Andrew grumbled.

In his heart he felt angry, how could Nancy just ignore him like this and instead get busy with other people?

***

"Do you think this cafe is good, noona?" Yoonsung asked as he entered a café with Valene.

"Very nice. You will sit at this table later," said Valene while sitting at the table for two which is near the large window of the café.

Yoonsung took a seat opposite Valene.

"Ah right, we will be seen from the outside!"

"Then I just asked Andrew to pretend to survey the cafes across. It's easy right?"

"Noona is really smart!"

"Ah by the way Yoonsung, you work in the same place as Kyungju?"

"Yes. We work at Sineo."

It turned out that Kyungju wasn't lying, Valene told herself.

"But why is he so busy, and Yoonsung doesn't?"

"I'm also busy noona, but it looks like Haraboji is having his own business with Kyungju hyong."

It felt very difficult for Valene to digest Yoonsung's words. What is the relationship between the grandpa and the company? But a moment later, Valene's eyes widened.

"Haraboji?"

"Yes. Haraboji is the CEO of the Sineo Korea company. He is the top shareholder."

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"

Valene's voice must be very loud because everyone is looking at her and Yoonsung.

"No, we're not kidding, noona. Is noona not surprised why Mr. Kim can be sent to accompany you? He's Kyungju hyong's secretary."

"THAT'S WHY I FEEL SUSPICIOUS FOR QUITE LONG TIME! How does it feel to work there? In what part are you working at?"

Yoonsung chuckled before starting to tell Valene what things Valene wanted to know.

***

Please support author's another story: You (Are) Not My DestinyEnglish version will be published soon!Follow author on Instagram xzmayfzx and hashtag #youarenotmydestiny for update