A Winter Story Part 13

The next day, the sun was shining warm enough in the city of Seoul. The light seemed to sparkle on the piles of snow that covered the surface of the roads and buildings. Valene clutches her cell phone, hoping Kyungju will call her.

"Doesn't it seem ridiculous if I wish him good morning? But I never did that. It would look weird and he would laugh at me. Aaaaah what's on my mind!"

Valene lay on her stomach, burying her face in her pillow, throwing her phone away and howling like a child. Nancy knocked on her bedroom door several times until she finally decided to go in because Valene didn't answer her calls.

"Valene, what are you doing?"

Valene flinched and turned to look at Nancy, then showed off her signature grin that showed both dimples below the corners of her lips. Nancy could only feel confused and raise an eyebrow.

"I'm going out, I have an appointment."

"Okay, have fun!"

Nancy started to glare and Valene was confused. Then the two exchanged words with a glance. Nancy shows her cell phone which shows it's 8 AM, but Valene just frowns. Still with a silent effort, Nancy moved her lips to say "Yoonsung." It's too risky to speak out loud because Andrew could be behind her back. Valene scratching her head, what's with Yoonsung and the clock? When Nancy started to fold her arms and looked displeased, Valene realized. Today is Nancy and Yoonsung's scheduled date, and Valene has to drag Andrew to pretend to go survey the café. Valene patted her forehead quite hard. Give me half an hour or so, Valene said silently to Nancy and just ran to the toilet. Nancy could only shake her head at this childish friend since her childhood time. Nancy decided to leave now and thought she could enjoy the journey by walking slowly, but there were still 20 minutes before her appointment with Yoonsung at a café not too far from their apartment.

"Where are you going?"

Andrew seems to have just woken up, still looks messy and just came out of the room.

"Want to go strolling."

"Where? With whom?"

"None of your business," Nancy replied.

"You are my wife! How is it none of my business?"

Nancy ignored Andrew's words and walked out of the apartment. Nancy had a big hope that Andrew would chase her and give her a hug, but he didn't. Nancy can only swallow the harsh truth that Andrew is such an insensitive man. Is this marriage correct? Is Andrew really the right guy for her? Nancy tried to brush off these evil thoughts with a deep sigh.

***

"I told you I don't want to go out of the house."

"How can this be. Aren't we here to survey the café? Nancy is now going out, if not with me, who will accompany you?"

Valene dragged Andrew's arm out of the apartment with difficulty (because Andrew's body is three times bigger and taller than Valene's petite body) and walked along the streets of Seoul.

"And it should be Nancy who accompanied me. Do you know where she is?" asked Andrew demanded, releasing his arm from Valene's grip.

"I do not know. Why don't you ask him? You're her husband, right?"

"She doesn't want to answer!"

"And so it is to me."

"I'm not sure she didn't tell you."

Valene glared angrily, very good acting.

"It's up to you to believe it or not. Let's just start from this café."