A Winter Story Part 4

Finally Valene, Andrew and Nancy returned to their warm hotel after visiting all the interesting places out there. They didn't realize that they have been in Korea for a week. That means they will soon visit Jeju before returning to Seoul and finally, returning to Indonesia.

"Ah, you two go up first. I'm going to extend our room rent," Valene said to Andrew and Nancy.

The two of them nodded and left Valene at the reception desk. Valene recognized the receptionist who greeted them for the first time at this hotel, apparently she was on duty again.

"Hi. I would like to extend our rent."

"Miss Valene, right? Please wait for a while... Your rent will be ended in the 23th of December... until when do you want to extend it?"

"Until 9th ​​of January."

"This is the price of the room."

The receptionist handed over a sheet of paper with a list of room rates. Valene widened her eyes and took out her cell phone to make it easier for herself to convert currency. Valene felt something was wrong. This must be wrong. The prices for their rooms have doubled.

"Is it the actual price?"

"Yes, Miss. It's different from the price that you already paid, because when you reserved those rooms, that was our promotion price. The actual price is this one. Our promotion already ended in this 15th of December."

Valene was at a loss for words. She was so happy playing, she forgot that the promotional price she had read on the website had ended. This means, they have to pay the normal price if they want to extend their stay here.

"Okay, I will extend it after discussing it with my friends. Thank you, I'll comeback soon."

Valene walked languidly toward her room. What should she do now? She didn't dare to imagine Andrew and Nancy's reaction... so where were they going to live? What about their money? For the first time since they arrived in Korea, Valene couldn't sleep.

***

"The price is up 100%?" asked Andrew in disbelief.

Valene stood facing Nancy and Andrew, who were sitting on their beds, early in the morning. Valene bit her lower lip, feeling very nervous.

"What other options do we have?"

"I'll find another place to stay... I've been browsing several places last night, I'll try to go there. Today, we cancel our trip," said Valene quickly, "I will be responsible."

"You can't do that, Valene," said Nancy.

"But it's all my fault. Let me borrow your passports."

Confused, Nancy hands her passport and Andrew's into Valene's hands.

"I'll be away for a bit. You can take a walk around here."

"Where are you going?"

"I'll find lodging for us."

"Lets go together."

"No, I'll do it. You can go out on your own. I'll let you know when I get the place."

"But Valene..."

"See ya!"

Before Nancy could finish her sentence, Valene had already walked quickly out of their room. Nancy took a deep breath. She knew that Valene had been careless all this time, but her mistake this time was quite fatal.

"Now what are we going to do?" asked Andrew.

"Let's see a new place Valene's going to find."

"She was so clumsy. How could such an adult be able to do such a clumsy thing?"

"Don't talk about Valene like that. She was naturally a little sloppy."

"I don't care if she wants to be careless with her own business, but when it comes to this big problem, and it concerns us, I don't like it."

"Andrew, don't be like that! What's important is now she's trying for us."

Andrew threw himself on the nearest chair, "all right. We'll see how she wants to be responsible."

Nancy slept with her back against her husband. In her heart, she felt hot and sad. She hopes that Valene can find a solution, as usual if her brain is working properly, she will always have ideas.

***