Chapter 14

Upon entry to his room, I immediately struggled to roll out of his arms. Bebe jumped up from where she was perched up on the bed and ran to me. I kicked my legs out of his arms and managed to get them onto the ground. Wilder grunted in surprise, but helped me gently land on the ground. I pulled Bebe's head to my chest and kissed her snout multiple times. She whined and pushed her large body further into me. I hand't noticed how badly my position on the floor hurt until a couple minutes later, but by then it was too late. I let out a small cry in pain, which didn't go unnoticed by Wilder. He jumped up from where he sat on the bed and ran to lift me off the floor. Bebe growled at him removing me from her.

"It's okay, Bebe." I sighed into Wilder's embrace. My eyes started to shut on their own accord. I felt sleep tempting the corners of my vision.

"Tired, baby?" Wilder asked so sweetly. I nodded into his chest, and he didn't have to say anything else. He helped me into the bed and pulled the covers up to my chin. I watched his backside disappear into the closet, but I can't recall him exiting, as I had fallen asleep within seconds.

When my eyes finally popped open, I was confused to say the least. The red numbers of a clock rested beside me.

4:26

I groaned in pain as I threw my legs off the side of the bed, narrowly missing sleeping Bebe on the floor. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as to why she was on the floor, but I ignored it and stood anyway. I marched into the bathroom and took care of my business before leaving the bathroom. From the dim light, I could see that I had woken up alone in bed. Thoughts filled my head of where he could possibly be. Maybe he found a pretty werewolf girl. Maybe this was all a practical joke. Maybe he can't deal with my mood swings and trauma. I shook the thoughts from my head and tried to deem them unreasonable, but I just couldn't convince myself. 

With a long sigh I walked to the door and thrust it open. At least 8 men stood outside the room, and all turned to look at me. I felt chills run up my spine and down my arms, creating a chain of reactions. I slammed the door and ran right into the closet, slamming that door closed as well. Unfortunately, I had forgotten to lock either door, but that didn't stop me. I dumped out the dirty clothes and buried myself under the clothes. Clearly Wilder didn't like to do laundry, as there was enough to cover my whole body and some. I listened to the door to the bedroom open slowly, but I never heard the closet door open. Maybe they didn't know I was in here, but just at that thought popped into my head, I heard the persistent knocking at the door. I must have zoned out, because the person or people on the other side were all worriedly calling out to me.

"Luna! Are you okay in there?" I heard someone shout.

"I'm notifying the Alpha now!" I heard another voice.

"Where's Wilder." I whimpered weakly. The pain was starting to become unmanageable. I looked down at my abdomen and noticed the blood that had started seeping through my shirt. The pounding on the door became more urgent, but no one dared to enter. I shut my eyes only for a moment, and felt the blackness overtake my thoughts. Finally a peaceful rest.

I felt my body being shook awake. My eyes flung open and I looked up at the perpetrator. Wilder was stood over me, pulling my shoulders out of the pile of dirty laundry. His eyes were fogged over, and he seemed to be in auto pilot. He pulled me from the floor, lifting me by my armpits, with an unreasonable amount of strength. He hoisted my legs up and carried me out of the closet, bridal style, into the room of men. I gasped, and that seemed to knock some sense into him.

"The doctor is on her way." He sighed and looked down at my broken body. I tried to meet his warm gaze, but I was too occupied looking all around me. So many people. Wilder seemed to follow my train of thought, because he was quick to turn and growl out demands to the men.