Chapter 5

Trigger Warning: this chapter includes self harm. (I will mark a section.)

My eyes felt sealed shut, but the gentle rocking lulled me back into sleep. That is until I heard voices.

"She's cuddling you." Someone chuckled from beside me. I felt the warmth I was rested against rumble. My eyes snapped open to see the man that was holding me look down at me.

"You cold, baby?" He asked sweetly. Fear filled my eyes again, and I tried to scramble out of his hold on me. He was just holding me too close, too warmly. His arms held mine in as he carried me away from the truck. Tingles filled my body, he was just so warm. Too warm.

"Let me go." I gritted out through my teeth.

"No." He said simply. His warm words turned cold and he held me closer to him.

"Yes." I said back just as firmly. He made eye contact, but I refused to look away. He didn't control me. I heard a deep sigh come from him before he let up on his hold.

"Fine, but you have to stand next to me." He placed my feet gently on the ground and made quick work of taking my smaller hand in his. He placed his jacket over my shoulders, and instantly the smell of him filled my nose. It calmed my anxiety better than any medicine I had taken. I looked over my shoulder to see Zeke walking with Bebe behind us. He tugged her along with a leash in his hand causing me to growl in his direction. Where did that come from?

"Let her off the leash!" I yelled loudly making a run for her. Alpha quickly wrapped his arms around me and pulled me back into his chest. He's so warm.

"Yes, Luna." He said and bowed his head to me. I stood there shocked. He said yes to me and didn't even put up a fight, and he called me Luna?

"Zeke don't." Alpha demanded.

"Yes, Alpha." Zeke said and retreated from his previous demands. A frown etched its way onto my face.

"Let go of her!" I yelled once more. A power I didn't know I had overtook me, and Zeke once again reached down to take Bebe off the leash.

"Zeke, take the dog up to my mate's room." Alpha instructed. I pouted as Alpha lifted me back into his arms. Zeke scurried by us and into the giant house we arrived at.

"Alpha, put me down." I tested my luck of people listening to me, but Alpha just laughed.

"Baby, my name isn't Alpha, but no." He smiled softly at me before continuing our journey to the house.

"What is your name?" I questioned. Why did I care?

"My name is Wilder." He continued to stare down at me with a smile. I nodded in acknowledgment, but confusion still filled my eyes.

"I'll explain later baby." He finalized the conversation as he walked into the house, but I wasn't done with him.

"Put me down, Wilder." I demanded of him. He growled out sending a shiver up my spine. His eyes met my gaze, but now his eyes had turned into a deep black color. I started to shake in fear as he adjusted me on him pushing either of my legs around his waist. I wrapped my shaking arm around his neck out of fear of falling. He quickly spun around and pushed my back up against the recently closed door.

"Mine. You listen to me." He said surprisingly calm. His head ducked down into my neck and he inhaled so hard that I felt the hair on my neck move to his call. Chills ran up and down my back, but the shaking never stopped. He stood there for about three minutes before finally, he continued into the house.

At this point I didn't dare open my mouth. He seemed like a nut case. I didn't want to mess with him, I'll just find a way to escape on my own.

"Do you like the house?" Wilder once again made eye contact with me causing a bit of discomfort.