Chapter 15

Wilder marched us out the door and into the expanse of forest behind the large house. I looked around in awe at the tall trees that seemed to stretch out for miles upon miles. I couldn't help but wonder if he owned it all or if it was split. My intrigue on werewolf land was cut short when Wilder knelt down and planted my feet in the grass. I looked down at my gym shoes in the soft grass, and felt the sudden urge to take my shoes and socks off just to feel the grass between my toes.

"Wait here, I'll be back." Wilder smirked at me before jogging off into the woods. I curiously watched him wander off just out of sight behind a tree. I stood impatiently waiting for him to return, but when he finally graced me with his presence again, I was less than calm. His large wolf form came trotting towards me from behind the trees. I took a cautious step back and focused my attention on big deep breaths. When he got close enough he laid on the ground and crawled towards me. I gave him a cautious stare as he gently rested his head on my shoe. Thats when it struck me.

He's a very large, male, Bebe. I laughed historically at the thought of my mate and my dog being the same creature, but when my laughter died I was left with Wilder or wolf Wilder's tilted head in confusion. I giggled and began to pet his head between his ears just like Bebe liked. I swear I heard him purr. We sat in the grass and played until Wilder had had his fill. I started to recognize a different personality to Wilder's wolf, and I added it to the list of questions I had.

Wilder's wolf quickly stood up, and nudged me to join him. I took the hint and stood as well. His tongue flopped out at my compliance, and he gave me a quick lick on my bare leg. I 'ew'd' and tried to wipe off the slobber. Midst my distraction, Wilder's wolf walked behind me and crawled between my legs, so either leg was on the side of his body, and I was riding him like a horse. He was tall enough, that despite him laying and me standing, I was still sitting on his back. I cooed at his cute trick and bent down to pet him, but he stood up, lifting me 4 feet from the ground. I let out a short yelp in surprise, and tangled my fingers in his fur.

He started with a walk, which turned into a trot, which turned into a jog, and before I knew it he was full blown running through the woods. He weaved left and right dodging trees, bushes, and large boulders. It became clear to me that this path had been well worn by his paws. I knelt close to his fur, trying to hand on for dear life. He pulled left a little too hard, and I screamed in shock, almost going flying from his back. He halted quickly, but not quick enough to throw me from his back. It was then that I noticed how tight I was gripping his fur.

"Am I hurting you?" I questioned, loosening the hold I had on him. He shook his head no and continued off into the woods, this time much slower. He ran for another 3 or 4 minutes before stopping again, but this time he laid back to the ground, allowing my feet to touch solid ground again. I must say I get car sick and I have never been on a plane, but I can already assume that wolf is my least favorite means of travel. I clambered off his back and laid on the soft grass, relishing the sweet sweet solid ground. I was too occupied to notice Wilder's disappearance, and reappearance as a human. I sighed and got up from the ground, hugging him. Same old Wilder I knew and- well liked. I tucked my head into his chest, and mumbled about the frightening experience I had just had. He chuckled and pulled me away.

"I will be sure to let Blane know." He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me. I looked up at him in confusion.

"Blane is my wolf. He and I share a body, but we're not the same in personality, or well, shape." He chuckled. I nodded in understanding and smiled up at him.

"Blane is cute I like him." I stated. Blane seemed more playful than Wilder, or at least less uptight. I liked Wilder too for different reasons, but he doesn't have to know that.

"Don't inflate his ego." Wilder rolled his eyes, and scooped me into his arms. I squealed in surprise as he started to walk towards the wall of vines. It reminded me of a fantasy movie, the way the vines concealed such a beautiful oasis amidst the wooded area. There was a beautiful waterfall flowing down the side of a cliff, the full waves of water washed into a small lake. I stared in awe as the misty air surrounded me. The beautiful rainbow of flowers surrounded the area, thriving in the moisture provided by the lake. I was stunned by the beauty of the place, almost too stunned to notice the practically naked man next to me.