Chapter 16

I rolled over in my sleep and cuddled into Wilder's chest.

"Morning," I mumbled to Wilder in my sleepy state. I slowly opened my eyes to a sleepy Wilder laying there, eyes closed and breath slow. I sat up, ready to leave the bed, but I was stopped in my tracks.

"No." He groaned and grabbed my waist.

"Yes, I'm hungry," I said trying to pull away.

"No." He groaned again, and held onto me tighter. He slid my legs back under the covers and pulled me into his chest. I sighed and rolled into his warmth, trying to think of a way out. As if hit with a lightbulb, I threw my leg over his midsection and straddled him. I laid gentle kissed on his shoulders to the base of his neck. After hearing his groan in approval, I moved my way up his neck, sucking on his adam's apple. His hands moved from my waist to my hips. I leaned up and met his warm eyes, practically demanding me to kiss him. I leaned in slowly, but as soon as his hands slipped from my hips to my thighs, I jumped out of his hold and made a run for the bathroom, locking it before he could enter.

"Adi!" He yelled through the door, hitting it with his fist. I giggled and turned the shower on.

"Need somethin'?" I asked sweetly, before stripping my clothes and climbing into the shower. I heard his masculine grumble, before he walked away from the door.

"Just be quick, I need a cold shower." He groaned as he made his way back to bed. With one last laugh I slipped into the shower and took my sweet time. Once I had finished, I wrapped myself in a warm fluffy towel and exited the bathroom. Wilder looked up at me, staring me up and down. I shifted awkwardly on either foot, half because of his heated stare, and half because of the conversation I was trying to insinuate.

"I know you don't want to talk about this, but I think we should have a conversation about work." I hesitated slightly at the word 'work.' Wilder seemed to be in his own world, but still responded.

"What about it?" He asked. I already knew that he damn well knew what I was talking about, but in desperation to get back to work, I smiled sweetly and waltzed over to him.

"I was just thinking, I need to get back into work." I smiled and kissed his cheek. The hair poked my lips, leaving an odd texture to the kiss, but I didn't mind it so much.

"No." He practically growled. His eyes were no longer entranced with my body, but rather looking me dead in the eyes. I shivered at the intensity of his demand. 

"Is no the only word you know how to say?" I demanded in frustration.

"No." He said again with a chuckle, but I was unamused. With furrowed eyebrows, I stood up from the bed and marched towards the closet.

"Adi, I just want you to stay safe." He sighed in honesty. I stopped my angry march and turned back to look at him. He genuinely seemed concerned, and based on our conversations I could tell he cared about me. Not only this, but I wasn't currently being carried away on his shoulder to a cell. I would say that is improvement.

"Okay look, I can make you a deal. You can come with me everywhere, you can follow me around like my personal body guard, or puppy, whatever you prefer." I said looking into his eyes with a glint of humor. His gaze didn't falter, but he started to smile.

"Only your puppy, and if you feel that strongly about working, I guess I want you to be happy, but I will come with you everywhere." He stood and walked over to me. He wrapped me in his protective warm hold, and in that moment, I felt safer than I ever had.

"Even the bathroom?" I questioned into his warm chest.

"Even the bathroom." He chuckled, before letting me go. He entered the bathroom, and I made my way into the closet, this time with a giddy hop in my step. I quickly dressed myself, and made my way towards the kitchen. By the time I peeled myself an orange, Wilder had joined me. His muscles looked larger in the black long sleeved shirt. I smiled and walked over to him, orange in hand.