Chapter 17

"How about we just go home now." He grumbled obviously not wanting me to go to a bar.

"No. You promised." I said looking out the window.

"Fine." He grumbled under his breath. We have been having the same conversation for the past hour as he drove around the bar like a vulture narrowing in on its prey.

"Let's go get something to eat," I said trying to change the subject.

"Okay, where do you want to go." He said oblivious to my subject change.

"Um let's just go to that little ice-cream shop right there," I said pointing to the little ice-cream parlor that sat across the street from the bar. I often found myself seeking comfort in the worn leather seats, cotton poking through, after a long night. Not that I minded the gross outward appearance, I always believed it was personality that mattered, and it just so happened to be a character of a place.

"Sounds good." He said as he pulled into the parking lot and parked the car in an empty parking space. Excitement to reminisce on my adventures in the quaint ice-cream shop.

"Let's go!" I shouted jumping out of the car. Wilder also exited the car and walked around, intertwining his fingers in mine causing butterflies to flutter in my stomach. We go into the little shop and I get chocolate ice-cream and Wilder got strawberry. We ate in silence, but it wasn't uncomfortable. We had chosen a small booth to sit in, but instead of sitting opposite of me, Wilder slid in beside me. I gently rested my hand in his, which he rested on my thigh. I was comfortable, possibly too comfortable. Once we had both finished, I figured it was soon enough to start my shift at the bar. Wilder and I reentered his car before he took off to the long awaited destination. Upon arrival, I stuck close to Wilder, trying to calm him down slightly. He seemed upset visibly, but I knew he was battling himself inside.

"It's all going to be okay, baby." I commented softly and kissed his cheek. His head turned at the speed of light, and I planted a hard kiss right to his lips. I felt his smirk behind the kiss, but he didn't pull away, in fact he pushed my body against the side of his car, causing my back to arch into the kiss. His tongue roughly pushed passed my lips and forced entry into my mouth. I let out a yelp as he nibbled at my bottom lip, but he didn't stop there. His warm wet lips traveled down my neck, sucking on the sensitive skin there. I felt myself start so squirm against him, but as soon as I started to feel on the edge, he pulled away and smirked satisfied with me, or at me. I growled and reached up to touch my neck. I could feel the throbbing pulse where he had left love bites, claiming me as him. I huffed in annoyance, and pinched his arm. His smirk was telling enough, he wasn't sorry, not even a bit. I rolled my eyes, intertwined out fingers, and dragged him in with me.

I had been working the bar for about an hour, but I knew what was to come next would cause Wilder to go into even more of a frenzy. He was already sitting at the edge of his seat, enjoying my free employee drinks. He was currently sipping down his 4th of the night, and I figured with the hard liquor he was ordering, he would be drunk, but he was still on his toes. I sighed and leaned over the counter to tap on his hand. He had been zoned out for a while now and I would practically do anything to know what he was thinking.

"I need to run to the bathroom, I'll be back." I yelled over the sound of the music while untying the apron around my waist. Wilder looked at me with his big round eyes.

"I'll come with you." He said, getting up from his place. I saw him almost stumble, but he quickly caught himself and straightened up.

"No need, we have an employee bathroom in the back. It's safer, plus you should probably sit back down." I smirked before turning away and entering the back room, but rather than making a right into the bathroom, I make a left straight into my boss' office. With a firm knock on the door, I wait until I am called in. I hear cussing from the other side of the door, before I am summoned in. I open the door, and as expected I see a woman sitting in the corner at his love seat. Her hair is messed up, and pulled from her pony tail. Her makeup is strewn sloppily across her face. It wouldn't be hard to guess what these two have been up to, but I ignore them, and refocus on my mission.