Chapter 3

The shrill ringing of my alarm clock pulled me from a depth of sleep that I hadn't experienced for many years. The first dream that I had experienced in months was cut short, and the nightmare of life was left. I glanced over at my clock to the amount of times I had unconsciously pushed snooze. A grand total of 7 times. 

"I'm going to call in sick Bebe," I say feeling mentally dead. Bebe whimpers and lies her head on my shoulder. I know I can't miss a day of work because we need the money, but I really don't want to face the world right now. It sounds too painful. Giving her one last pet, I stand and proceed to getting ready.

As per usual, I got ready and made my way to the door. Bebe walked me to the door, but as soon as I opened it I ran right into Noah. My body jumped back before I even knew what was happening, and closed the door.

"What do you want Noah." I called through the door. Deja vu hit me and I remembered being in this exact position yesterday.

"Open the fucking door, Honey." He called in after me sickly sweet. I needed to get to work, and I knew he wouldn't leave. Reluctantly I opened the door and he reached a hand out to me.

"Good girl." He motioned for me to take his hand. I did as told and intertwined my fingers with his. A smile 

We walked hand in hand to my job. Once again after we arrived, he gave me a sweet kiss and pushed me in.

"Good morning, Kat." I called groggily. She looked up from the magazine she was reading in confusion.

"You okay, girl?" She questioned while starring me down.

"Yeah, fine." I mumbled out and walked past the desk after clocking in. She nodded seeing my reluctance to talk about it, and let me slip into the back without another word.

After checking my schedule and seeing it was once again clear, I decided I needed to use up some time. My fingers seemed to have a mind of their own, the pencil in my hand moved swiftly across the page mapping out a beautiful bird holding a vine of leaves in its mouth. The wings were stretched wide and the flowers mingled with its tail.

"Looks beautiful." I heard a quiet mumble from behind me. Kat stood looking over my shoulder at the beautiful art. I nodded and hummed in agreement before standing and creating a stencil out of it, but not before snapping a picture. Kat found a comfortable place to sit in the corner of my room. I sat on the tattoo chair, and placed the stencil down on my calf. After the preparation was done, I started the tattoo. Kat watched intently as my hand drew the lines on my leg. It took around 3 hours before I had finally finished up. Kat sat with me the whole time and when it finished she helped me wrap it up.

"You're an amazing artist." She complimented while starring at the tattoo through the plastic. I was feeling better already, and due to the slow day, neither Kat nor I had any work to do. We sat and talked about seemingly nothing, but it was just the conversation I needed. After wrapping things up and cleaning my station I decided I should leave a little early.

"Kat I'm heading out." I called, walking out of the back room. She walked out from behind the front counter and wrapped me in her embrace.

"Take care of yourself sis." She whispered into my shoulder before letting me walk out of the studio. I had a two hour break before I had to be to my other job, so I set out on my way back home. The cold breeze carried a sweet scent with it, yet something felt so wrong. I quickly became paranoid and picked up the pace of my walking. I didn't like the feeling I was having. I cautiously looked around trying to find something out of the ordinary, when a giant black truck pulled up on the curb beside me. Due to the nerves I had been feeling my feet took control, and I sprinted as fast as I could away from everyone. I didn't dare look behind me, especially after I heard the ferocious growl that followed.